Camp Cupcake squad | The Boneyard

Camp Cupcake squad

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
30 players called in (mostly MLS of course since everyone else is in season) for Camp Cupcake and the 1/28/18 friendly against B&H.

GK
Bill Hamid, Cody Cropper, Alex Bono, Zack Steffen

DF
Justin Morrow, Walker Zimmerman, Brandon Vincent, Matt Polster, Ike Opara, Tim Parker, Nick Lima, Justen Glad, Danilo Acosta

MF
Gyasi Zardes, Paul Arriola, Kelyn Rowe, Wil Trapp, Cristian Roldan, Tyler Adams, Marlon Hairston, Ian Harkes, Marco Delgado, Russell Canouse, Brooks Lennon

FW
Juan Agudelo, Jordan Morris, Dom Dwyer, Rubio Rubin, CJ Sapong, Christian Ramirez

Reaction Score
Gyasi?
The goalies are good, at least. Glad these aren't our top prospects

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why do they even bother with this camp?
Take a look at some players you wouldn't normally bring in for a camp/friendly without taking them away from their teams. Look to expand the pool, see if there is anyone out there they might be missing. Maybe find someone who could work their way in eventually.

Reaction Score
Take a look at some players you wouldn't normally bring in for a camp/friendly without taking them away from their teams. Look to expand the pool, see if there is anyone out there they might be missing. Maybe find someone who could work their way in eventually.

What’s the point of of having a player pool that is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Reaction Score
Eventually you'll find a Pulisic.

Really?

The average age of Camp Cupcake is ~23. Pulisic was in Germany at 16 after trialing at other clubs. Camp Cupcake lets some guys put on the jersey they likely won't make a difference with. Might as well call it fantasy camp

Reaction Score
Buried in this is FCD blocking Kellyn Acosta getting called in to prep for the CONCACAF CL. At least one MLS team might be taking the contest seriously?

Reaction Score
Really?

The average age of Camp Cupcake is ~23. Pulisic was in Germany at 16 after trialing at other clubs. Camp Cupcake lets some guys put on the jersey they likely won't make a difference with. Might as well call it fantasy camp

Lol

Reaction Score
Buried in this is FCD blocking Kellyn Acosta getting called in to prep for the CONCACAF CL. At least one MLS team might be taking the contest seriously?

Surprised Acosta is still with FC Dallas.

Reaction Score
Only players i’m somewhat excited to see are the goalies, Danilo Acosta, Justen Glad, Lennon, Adams and Roldan.

Reaction Score
Does Lennon have any Liverpool affiliation anymore?

Reaction Score
Only players i’m somewhat excited to see are the goalies, Danilo Acosta, Justen Glad, Lennon, Adams and Roldan.

Good to see Opara in there. If he had been healthier in his career, he would have been a USMNT regular. Disappointing to not see Tim Melia in there.

Adams will be good I think. I’ve seen Brooks Lennon play and I wasn’t that impressed. The MLS idiots keep comparing him to Pulisic which is amusing.

Between the NASL and MLS, no American striker has scored more goals than Christian Ramirez. So it will be interesting to see how he looks.

The rest are just there for self esteem. I don’t even put much stock in Dwyer any longer.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Where is Sergeant these days?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really?

Different question.

Reaction Score
So you think the camp as it's constructed will identify a player of Pulisic's caliber?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So you think the camp as it's constructed will identify a player of Pulisic's caliber?
Again a different question. zoo's theory is that we don't need a wide pool of candidates. I think a wider pool gives us a better chance of finding some players that will work.

I'll agree you don't really have to "find" a Pulisic, they are just kind of there (although in reality everyone has to be found at some point). However, it might help you identify them at a younger age.

Reaction Score
Again a different question. zoo's theory is that we don't need a wide pool of candidates. I think a wider pool gives us a better chance of finding some players that will work.

I'll agree you don't really have to "find" a Pulisic, they are just kind of there (although in reality everyone has to be found at some point). However, it might help you identify them at a younger age.

Because when “wider” means bringing in lower quality players, it actually means something else.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Because when “wider” means bringing in lower quality players, it actually means something else.
You don't actually know their quality until you look at them. Pretty simple concept. It's like pay for play, you are limiting your pool. You don't want to do that.

Remember you are looking for 23-30, not just a starting 11.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom