Cambage traded to Vegas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cambage traded to Vegas

Reaction Score
Dallas remains a mediocre WNBA team after the trades. Rather than giving in to her trade demands, would they have been better off letting Cambage sit out a year and revisit trade offers?

Reaction Score
I wonder what's going to happen with Kalani Brown. The Sparks clearly acquired her to trade for Cambage. Now she's on a team where she's behind 5 other post players.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I wonder what's going to happen with Kalani Brown. The Sparks clearly acquired her to trade for Cambage. Now she's on a team where she's behind 5 other post players.

Feels like they have to do something. Given the Sky's lack of posts and the fact that they are still trying to make Alaina Coates happen, it annoys me to see Vadeeva and Kalani buried on the LA bench.

Reaction Score

Parker is out for a month so it’ll be interesting to see what they come up with for a starting lineup. It’ll be nice having a 6’7 player to contend with the other bigs who will be prominent in the league.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I liked what I saw from Vadeeva down the stretch last year. I really thought she should've gotten more minutes. There can't really be a role for Lavender at this point can there? Don't see why they would keep her w/ the addition of Chiney and the 2 young posts acquired in the last 2 drafts.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Another ultimatum-driven trade for unequal value. This trend can't be good for the league overall and it is definitely not good for the Sun and any small market team.

Reaction Score
I liked what I saw from Vadeeva down the stretch last year. I really thought she should've gotten more minutes. There can't really be a role for Lavender at this point can there? Don't see why they would keep her w/ the addition of Chiney and the 2 young posts acquired in the last 2 drafts.

After the Sparks lost Toliver in free agency, Toler went all out to sign a bunch of players to 3-yr max guaranteed extensions. Lavender was one of those players. She can’t be cut without a payout that would still count on the salary cap.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thanks Shades. That's a bunch of frontcourt players they are carrying on their roster. Somebody isn't going to get much time on the court. Maybe there is still a trade forthcoming.

Reaction Score
Riquna Williams getting arrested most likely brought her salary expectations way down so they could afford her. I’m not sure what else they need after they signed her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Also saw Vadeeva in some Euroleague games. She has improved a lot imho.

Reaction Score
Lavender really lucked out signing a 3 year max deal after having the best year of her career. She won 6th man of the year and shot incredible 3 well from 3pt range. She sucked it up the next two years. Now she shoots long 2's. just inside the 3pt line. The Sparks would be stupid if the traded either Vadeeva or Brown and anyone who would take Lavender off their hands would be the stupid one. Although if she was on the right team she could be of some value- just not the Sparks.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Liz Cambage trade helps turn Las Vegas Aces into WNBA contender - Michelle Voepel.

Cambage was traded Thursday from Dallas for guard Moriah Jefferson, forward Isabelle Harrison and 2020 first- and second-round draft picks. The Wings are putting the pieces together under new coach Brian Agler, who has led the Seattle Storm and Los Angeles Sparks to championships. This process with the Wings is interesting, too, especially because of Agler's track record for success.

But the Aces go from missing the playoffs last season to being in contention to hoist the trophy this season, and the 6-foot-8 Cambage has a chance to be a major piece of the puzzle. The first question, of course, is how Cambage fits with 6-foot-4 post player A'ja Wilson, last year's No. 1 draft pick and WNBA rookie of the year. On paper, it looks fantastic. Wilson tied for third in the league in scoring last season at 20.7 PPG. The lefty from South Carolina adjusted quickly to the pro game, averaging 8.0 rebounds to go with her offensive production.

[Article]

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The Sparks would be stupid if the traded either Vadeeva or Brown and anyone who would take Lavender off their hands would be the stupid one. Although if she was on the right team she could be of some value- just not the Sparks.

Looks like the Sky are the stupid ones, but we knew that already...

In all seriousness, though, Chicago doesn't have much to lose here as they badly need more viable size. Lavender's experience will also be useful on a mostly quite young team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom