Cambage may have Torn a Tendon | The Boneyard

Cambage may have Torn a Tendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There's a french tweet stating that Cambage has torn a tendon and that's why she didn't comeback to play after the 1st quarter. Guess we'll have to wait until we here something official from Australia Basketball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted this in the game thread. Here's the tweet from a french women's hoop site:

Ladyhoop @Ladyhoop_News · 37m
Apparemment rupture du tendon d'Achille pour Liz Cambadge qui s'est blessée ctre Team USA. Gros coup dur pour l'Australie si ça se confirme

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just read you post on the game thread. Wish I had seen it before. However, Cambage is a potential huge loss for Australia and deserves a separate thread until Torn Tendon becomes official if it does.

Reaction Score
If correct, a HUGE loss for Austrailia...basically with Cambage and no BG (and Parker, Catch, EDD, etc) for USA, they would have a chance to beat the US. Without her (adding to not having Jackson) it will be very hard for them even if BG does not play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This would be a huge loss - hope it is more in the nature of a sprain than a ruptured tendon.
I hate when these things happen in 'friendlies' but it is actually better for the team that an injury happen now rather than in the beginning of the WC since they can at least call up a reinforcement. Once the line-up is filed on the 26th - you cannot add any players.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I posted this in the game thread. Here's the tweet from a french women's hoop site:

Apparemment rupture du tendon d'Achille pour Liz Cambadge qui s'est blessée ctre Team USA. Gros coup dur pour l'Australie si ça se confirme
You can copy it - but can you read it out loud en Francais? I can't, although I took a short course in the rudiments of French many, many years ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

My last French class was 48 years ago, but it says roughly ...

An apparent Achilles' tendon rupture for Liz Cambage, which is a blessing for Team USA. It will be a big blow to the Australian team if confirmed.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

An apparent Achilles' tendon rupture for Liz Cambage, which is a blessing for Team USA. It will be a big blow to the Australian team if confirmed.

No idea why it would be a blessing for team USA. Team USA would whip their b.. with or without Liz Cambage. Perhaps a blessing for France and every other country except the USA.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

While indeed a blessing for Team USA, qui s'est blessee ctre (sic) Team USA, means who was injured against Team USA. Good job on the rest of it though.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks for the separate posting of this... I would have totally missed it in the game thread (cause I didn't read that thread)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blessee means wounded or injured, not blessing. It hardens back archaic linguistic roots to when blessings often involved a sacrifice or wounding of an animal. In time that connection to sacrifice disappeared in some usages but the word remained. In French it was the wounding that remained.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cat and Ice--thanks for the remedial French lessons. I hope you are blessed, but never blessee. :)

The correct translation makes more sense--of course!

I'm going to Turkey in 6 days. I won't even attempt a translation there. But I should look up "Bail money." :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
thanks for the separate posting of this... I would have totally missed it in the game thread (cause I didn't read that thread)

You are obligated to read every post in every thread. Come on, man!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
According to a post on the RebKell board, Michelle Timms (former Aussie Player) has stated that Cambage is out for six months. Haven't found any reports/articles that verify this.

Liz was not listed in the Roster for Australia's game against France, which they easily won.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This is just a damned shame.

One, I hate to see any young player injured, especially on the eve of something like the WC, NCAA or Olympics.

Second, winning is most gratifying if your opponent is a full strength. Leaves no excuses for the fan base (think Achonwa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom