Camara | The Boneyard

Camara

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree. She is more aggressive and you can see that she is getting better physically. She will definitely help later in the tournament. She needs to play more minutes. She seems to know what she is doing. Big difference from a couple of weeks ago. Stay tune.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like her... I wish she could get minutes with the starters, but it seems she goes off instincts and that would be a huge problem with the starters

Reaction Score
She's still no where near where she was at Kentucky from what I remember...........I don't know exactly what kind of knee injury she had so it's hard to know how long it will take for her to get back to 100%...........might not happen till next season..............as a quick reminder here she is in high school

\

Reaction Score
After watching her play several games at KY I became a big fan of Batouly and here's hoping she's turning the corner on the injury and can give UCONN some valuable minutes off the bench in the future! She's a banger!

Reaction Score
Wow, Charlieball. I usually distrust highlight films because that's what they are. But in this case, it's really possible to appreciate how fluid she is. A whole, whole lot of upside!

I can't seem to find any UK video but I know the player we are seeing now is not the player she can be if totally healthy, not even close.............that's why I suspect it may take some time before she is up to full speed.........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She's still no where near where she was at Kentucky from what I remember......I don't know exactly what kind of knee injury she had so it's hard to know how long it will take for her to get back to 100%......might not happen till next season....as a quick reminder here she is in high school

\

Batouly reportedly had/has a bone bruise in her knee which can be very painful. We know Morgan Tuck had a similar injury (more than once) which was due to the deterioration of her knee cartilage. Alexis Jones had a similar injury during the latter part of her senior year at Baylor but she recovered pretty quickly. Without knowing the cause of Batouly's bone bruise it's impossible to know whether this will be a chronic issue for her.

Reaction Score
Batouly reportedly had/has a bone bruise in her knee which can be very painful. We know Morgan Tuck had a similar injury (more than once) which was due to the deterioration of her knee cartilage. Alexis Jones had a similar injury during the latter part of her senior year at Baylor but she recovered pretty quickly. Without knowing the cause of Batouly's bone bruise it's impossible to know whether this will be a chronic issue for her.

was that the extent of Tuck's knee problems or did she also also have ACL/MCL tears at some point?

Reaction Score
I remember a SC game where she came in off the bench and really took it to Wilson and Coates when the KY starter was in foul trouble. I want to say her name was Akator. Camara brought KY back and made that game competitive.

Reaction Score
Wow, Charlieball. I usually distrust highlight films because that's what they are. But in this case, it's really possible to appreciate how fluid she is. A whole, whole lot of upside!
Very smooth shot. Would like to see more of that as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
I remember a SC game where she came in off the bench and really took it to Wilson and Coates when the KY starter was in foul trouble. I want to say her name was Akator. Camara brought KY back and made that game competitive.
Here’s the link to the South Carolina-Kentucky game. Batouly is a freshman and looks pretty good for a freshman against the gamecocks. Certainly better than our freshman have looked recently.

As well, I can see why Geno was happy to have miss Camera.
Here’s her speaking at Blair academy while she was a student there:
Batouly Camara '15 Leads Annual Gratitude Chapel
Hard not to like her.

Reaction Score
Here’s the link to the South Carolina-Kentucky game. Batouly is a freshman and looks pretty good for a freshman against the gamecocks. Certainly better than our freshman have looked recently.

As well, I can see why Geno was happy to have miss Camera.
Here’s her speaking at Blair academy while she was a student there:
Batouly Camara '15 Leads Annual Gratitude Chapel
Hard not to like her.

I remember her twitter had some really interesting thoughts on it...............she seems like something of a sensitive intellectual which belies her reputation as a basketball player

Reaction Score
Going off her instincts would be a problem with the starters? No, it would not be a problem with the starters. Overthinking on the basketball court causes problems. It should be second nature.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom