2022 Recruiting: - Cam Whitmore | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Cam Whitmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hope that can be shored up. This kid reminds of the former Michigan State SF, now pro, Miles Bridges. Not the same vert, but explosive enough to put someone in the rim, also nice touch. When you watch this kid, you like his twitch and motor.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He looks fairly pedestrian athleticism-wise idk what you're watching. 6'6 and can shoot is why he's getting interest. He'd be the most earthbound of our wings on the roster
Wow that's not the impression I got at all.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
he looks to have decent athleticism but not prob not as good as Hawkins and obviously not in the conversation with Jackson.

shot and offensive package look very solid

don’t see the Bridges comp at all tho. Bridges can basically body you on the block, jump over you, or shoot the 3–especially so at msu

Reaction Score
He looks fairly pedestrian athleticism-wise idk what you're watching. 6'6 and can shoot is why he's getting interest. He'd be the most earthbound of our wings on the roster
i'd happily trade some athleticism for some shooting/scoring ability. we got a lot of the former but not enough of the latter. guys like cam thomas and trevor keels arent freaks but they light up the scoreboard. seems like whitmore falls somewhere in between the spectrum of thomas/keels and martin/aj.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Eh he can obviously jump off two feet and get high enough. Not much off 1 foot and doesn't really elevate in game scenarios as much as I'd like, even if it's just a highlight reel.

Obviously highlights paint an innacurate picture of anyone. His handle and shooting at his size look like his best attributes to me. If I ever catch a full game I'll be able to say with more certsinty. Still would 100% want a commit if we could get one.
I just remember watching a bunch of stuff awhile ago on him that had me coming away thinking he was a very good athlete. I actually thought his skills were the stuff that needed work.

Reaction Score
In an interesting turn of events, I was watching highlights from the wrong kid on his team, lol. Happily eating crow

Actual junior season highlights are here:

Reaction Score
In an interesting turn of events, I was watching highlights from the wrong kid on his team, lol. Happily eating crow

Actual junior season highlights are here:

9 minutes of all highlights instead of celebrations and stuff was helpful.

Yeah, definitely a superior athlete. Loves jumping and finishing off two feet, which Hurley has preached wanted to teach the team (Stealing that from the 'Nova skill-development program).

Finishes with both hands. Actually, probably more with his left.

Not a multiple-dribble combo type player, but makes some really strong 2-dribble drives against closeouts. Willing to get hit on the way to the rim. Has a nice pro-hop he used a few times

Some good passes in transition. Not so much in this highlight in the half-court.

Strong as heck. He's built like Corey Floyd but 4 inches taller. Very good rebounder in traffic.

Seems to dribble a lot for his team, but I don't think he looks like a guard at all. He does okay just bringing it up the court, but he keeps the ball too far in front of him. That won't work here. Looks like a SF, 3rd-string ballhandler on the floor kind of player. Attacking closeouts and passing against the press, but not breaking guys down 1v1.

Shooting form is a little weird and inconsistent, but he did hit some tough ones and gets a LOT of arc. Made a couple or more in each game here, so assuming his % isn't terrible that seems to bode well too.

I don't think he took a single mid-range shot. Building his game around layups, dunks and 3s. That's what we really, really need.

Looks bigger than 200lbs to me. At 6'6, he's gotta be 215 or better.

Has a lot in common with Tyrese's game--he could be a solid replacement I'd think.

Reaction Score
Has a lot in common with Tyrese's game--he could be a solid replacement I'd think
at 6'6 200+ whitemore might be the only 4* in our north atlantic recruiting footprint that qualifies as a "big wing." for a guy outside the top 100 staff should still be putting a premium on him.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. Video I've seen has him going to the rim and dunking on fools

he looks to have decent athleticism but not prob not as good as Hawkins and obviously not in the conversation with Jackson.

shot and offensive package look very solid

don’t see the Bridges comp at all tho. Bridges can basically body you on the block, jump over you, or shoot the 3–especially so at msu
Strong build and body size like Bridges. Both 6'6", 6'7", the proviso was "does not have the vert of Bridges"
Both have:
Good strength when finishing
Both decent, not great shooters
Both decent separation

Reaction Score
He will benefit from learning how to go to his right, very good going to his left but much less adept the other way.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. Video I've seen has him going to the rim and dunking on fools

Strong build and body size like Bridges. Both 6'6", 6'7", the proviso was "does not have the vert of Bridges"
Both have:
Good strength when finishing
Both decent, not great shooters
Both decent separation
To be fair I couldn’t find a lot of good recent video on him, so I’ll defer to people who have seen more of him. From what I saw he looked strong and good but not elite athleticism...but def could be a product of the content I saw

Reaction Score
To be fair I couldn’t find a lot of good recent video on him, so I’ll defer to people who have seen more of him. From what I saw he looked strong and good but not elite athleticism...but def could be a product of the content I saw
Now you understand why KO had issues recruiting the last few years. ?

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hope that can be shored up. This kid reminds of the former Michigan State SF, now pro, Miles Bridges. Not the same vert, but explosive enough to put someone in the rim, also nice touch. When you watch this kid, you like his twitch and motor.
'When you watch this kid, you like his twitch and motor.'
absopositivalootly. from the long video of his junior year, he looks like a very talented and complete player. his tendency to 2 hand dunk is noteworthy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Pretty decent hudl film breakdown on Cam here.

this analyst is excellent. separate from the usual talk, he addresses 2 of my continual questions for any player - physical and mental health. im always concerned aboot hs players with leg bandages, and the analyst gave an opinion. hopefully, cam's was just a growing pains thing. and, he also pointed out that the kid is not a knucklehead, and is instead a level dude. i like this player a lot.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
And recent. But hey let's defer to the insiders. For certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom