OT: - Cam Whitmore to Villanova | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Whitmore to Villanova

Reaction Score
DMV is one area since Coach Hunter left, we need to do better. We had lots of targets in that area and struck out on all of them.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Love Whitmore. Recognized his talent over a year ago when he was positioned much lower in the rankings. He's a starter as a freshman for many D1's and a pro following his sophomore year. Don't think we were ever really positioned to land Cam though I know we were interested. Hell of a pickup for Nova.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Love Whitmore. Recognized his talent over a year ago when he was positioned much lower in the rankings. He's a starter as a freshman for many D1's and a pro following his sophomore year. Don't think we were ever really positioned to land Cam though I know we were interested. Hell of a pickup for Nova.
u da man. proof is, in the article, wright only offered 3 guys, he was one, and all accepted.
luv this player, thanks for the heads up, and soon, everyone will know.

Reaction Score
Who’d we miss out on?
There were 13 DMV recruits, in theory we missed on. Rather than me reciting the same information, just look at the 2022 Recruiting - Composite Ranking thread. Of course, some we prioritized other guys over and some were really part of Hunter’s legacy. NJ, NY and New England is really Danny’s recruiting home turf - which he’s done well in. We did get across the River into Philly. Let’s see what happens in 2023?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Between Whitmore and Hausen, a real nice week for Villanova.

Jay had three offers in this class, and landed three recruits. 100%. Cam chose Nova over UNC. Good times!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There were 13 DMV recruits, in theory we missed on. Rather than me reciting the same information, just look at the 2022 Recruiting - Composite Ranking thread.
Humor us. Just name 2 in reality that we should have gotten who's better than who we ended up with.

Reaction Score
Humor us. Just name 2 in reality that we should have gotten who's better than who we ended up with.
rice over floyd is one and we are expected to have an open scholly next year so player 2 didnt need to be taken instead of DC or AK

Last edited:
Reaction Score
rice over floyd is one and we are expected to have an open scholly next year so player 2 didnt need to be taken instead of DC or AK
Yea rice was the only player i could think of

Reaction Score
Yea rice was the only player i could think of
Rodney Rice is going to Dematha 2.0. I liked the Floyd pickup, good player who seems to fit our mold strategically. Would rather stay connected to Corey HS that Dematha. They’ll be potentially ripe for the picking to VT for a little bit

Reaction Score
Ward, McDaniel and Taylor are all good players. Your criteria shows a lack of knowledge regarding how recruiting works. “Should have gotten”, Chief doesn’t think is an appropriate way to look at it - recruiting is evaluating, prioritizing and often reprioritizing or reassessing. It’s a grind not a data point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom