2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Update | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

In regards to Cam Thomas:

Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late. #UConn

Reaction Score
Give me Cam Thomas and I don’t care who else is in the class. A lineup of Gilbert, Cole, Thomas, Akok, and Carlton with Gaffney, Bouknight, Sid, Polley, Whaley, and Springs off the bench is insane.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

In regards to Cam Thomas:

Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late. #UConn

hell yes!

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Hard to not see a connection between the increase in attention on Thomas and the trending downward with Jackson. With only two scholarships and, conceivably, Bouknight/Polley/Sid still here, it’s hard to justify another wing versus a guy like Cam Thomas who is one of the most, if not THE most, elite scorers in the class.

Reaction Score
Give me Cam Thomas and I don’t care who else is in the class. A lineup of Gilbert, Cole, Thomas, Akok, and Carlton with Gaffney, Bouknight, Sid, Polley, Whaley, and Springs off the bench is insane.
Think Bouknight would start over Cole

Reaction Score
I've heard nothing but good things on the Thomas front and that it's a rare case of a lot of recruiting stuff working out in our favor. He's *kind of* falling into our laps a bit.
It's not too often a 5* recruit falls into your lap. Hopefully the staff can capitalize on it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Think Bouknight would start over Cole

Well Cole is a PG and Bouknight is a 6'5" SG/SF so they don't really compete for time. The battle will be Gaffney or Cole as PG in 2020-21.

Reaction Score
Well Cole is a PG and Bouknight is a 6'5" SG/SF so they don't really compete for time. The battle will be Gaffney or Cole as PG in 2020-21.
Thomas is a CG, Alterique is a PG, and Bouknight is a SG/SF. Idt we'd start two point guards

Reaction Score
Thomas is a CG, Alterique is a PG, and Bouknight is a SG/SF. Idt we'd start two point guards
Gilbert
AST Rate: 23.9%
TO Rate: 18.3%

Cole
AST Rate: 34.6% (29th in the nation)
TO Rate: 16.9%

Cole is a PG. We don’t even know if Gilbert is still going to be here next year, but if he is it’s a good problem to have.

Reaction Score
hate asking for so much, but if cam could commit by november it would go a long way towards filling the 2 other presumed spots, not to mention the carry over to 2021. hurley could have his choice of remaining targets

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kenya.

He's been grinding behind the scenes. Not a lot of credit for recruits yet, but I think calrton's growth and this recruitment have his stamp on them
This sounds right on both. Kenya was reputed to have strong ties thru Baltimore/DC and the mid-Atlantic states.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kenya.

He's been grinding behind the scenes. Not a lot of credit for recruits yet, but I think calrton's growth and this recruitment have his stamp on them

Hopefully we can hang on to him for a few more years. Sounds like he's setting himself up as a prime HC candidate.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
Hard to not see a connection between the increase in attention on Thomas and the trending downward with Jackson. With only two scholarships and, conceivably, Bouknight/Polley/Sid still here, it’s hard to justify another wing versus a guy like Cam Thomas who is one of the most, if not THE most, elite scorers in the class.
my thoughts exactly.

Reaction Score
Thomas's variety of footwork to get his shot off, and tough shotmaking ability is incredible. Shows a real natural ability, but obviously a lot of hours in the gym too.

Bonus is that he's just a little bit small for his position in the NBA, and needs some time in a great s&c program. so I would think he's a likely candidate for 2 and done. Top 5 player if he's an inch taller and jumps a little bit better.

His oak hill stats for those curious, or too lazy to look...

23.5MPG
26.2PPG --best on the team by 8 points.
3.8 RPG
3.4 APG
1.9 TO
1.9 STL
0.4 BLK

50.2FG%
37.6 3PFG%
82.1FT%

Last edited:

Online statistics