2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Sets OVs (UConn in mix) | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Sets OVs (UConn in mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly as long as Kansas doesn't get a visit and make him a priority and nothing funky happens I'm feeling good here

Reaction Score
Didn’t he already officially visit UConn?

Reaction Score
seems risky. we could lose by 30

We were I think 1-8 away last year. And maybe 1/2-4 on neutral courts. Our guys are still learning to play tough on the road--it's a skill. The fact that Florida is a home game will be in our favor.

I wouldn't put the chances of winning super high, but I think it will be kind of like fsu last year. Competitive but just out of reach.

Reaction Score
We shouldn’t lose by 30 to anyone this yr..

even kentucky lost to duke by 34 last year. UK was a lot better than we will be and Florida is on the same level as Duke was. the game would either leave a really good impression on cam or a really really bad one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I certainly hope not but shouldn't, wouldn't and couldn't is always lurking out there somewhere - even within the best of teams
Point taken. If we play every game with the intensity we should we’ll lose our fair share of games but hopefully the 30 LT blowouts are behind us. We’re too talented to be getting pummeled on our home floor

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
fall in Storrs in a beautiful time to be on campus...

pj

Reaction Score
Point taken. If we play every game with the intensity we should we’ll lose our fair share of games but hopefully the 30 LT blowouts are behind us. We’re too talented to be getting pummeled on our home floor

I remember a #2 ranked UConn team with Ray Allen, Donny Marshall, Doron Sheffer, Kevin Ollie, Travis Knight, Kirk King, etc losing by 29 to Kansas (Jan 28, 1995). Very talented teams sometimes do get blown out by 30 or close to it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I remember a #2 ranked UConn team with Ray Allen, Donny Marshall, Doron Sheffer, Kevin Ollie, Travis Knight, Kirk King, etc losing by 29 to Kansas (Jan 28, 1995). Very talented teams sometimes do get blown out by 30 or close to it.

Ugh. Don't remind me. I was at Kemper in my UConn sweatshirt with all my Jayhawk friends. That was painful. That was a very good KU team.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, why? I'm pretty checked out on recruiting but when a kid announces two official visits and UConn is mentioned as "also in the mix" that doesn't seem like a great development.
What if he's planning to be on the Uconn visit to announce? There's evidently something there

Reaction Score
Seems odd that of the three visits already set that one is to a team coached by someone who won't know how to use his talent and the other two are to schools with sketchy histories of late, including possibilities for major sanctions.

Is it bad advice by his mentors or great sales jobs by the coaching staffs?

Or, maybe he'd just like to visit LA, Batawn Rouge and rural Ala-Bama?

Reaction Score
I'm going to read into this way too much and say that if he is willing to use 2 OVs on us (Jr and Sr year) then its a good sign for the good guys. Especially if we are his last OV. First Night and fall in Storrs in a beautiful time to be on campus...
A solid month and a half before those brutal winds start whipping you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger