2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

Reaction Score
Congratulations Dan Hurley, Kimani Young, Luke Murray, and Tom Moore ! Welcome aboard Cam Spencer :)

Reaction Score
This staff can’t miss
Well, they missed on Timberlake, but I think that helped in the long run, IMO. Cam Spencer has played big time P6 basketball, Timberlake has not. Also Spencer’s shooting metrics and his defensive metrics are good.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
With the portal era, the days of the 3 year+ rebuild after each team that wins a title are over.

It won't be easy from Day 1, especially with our SOS... but the sky's the limit now, again. Starting lineup has 5 guys that are probably each capable of going for 20 points on any given night.

Welcome to the dog pound Cam.

Reaction Score
Give me Spencer all day.
Yep, it's not even close. Cam is such a perfect fit for this team. Besides being able to shoot off the catch and off the dribble he has great feel to his game. He's perfect for Clingan in that he opens things up for him with his shooting and he's a crafty passer/excellent at lobs. He's also a good defender with quick hands.

Reaction Score
With the portal era, the days of the 3 year+ rebuild after each team that wins a title are over.

It won't be easy from Day 1, especially with our SOS... but the sky's the limit now, again. Starting lineup has 5 guys that are probably each capable of going for 20 points on any given night.

Welcome to the dog pound Cam.
We also did the smart thing and got the sick recruiting class BEFORE the title, so they're here right away. Staff always thinking ahead lmao.

Reaction Score
1686107396482.gif

Reaction Score
Well said. I watched this 25-minute Cam Spencer highlight reel in its entirety and came to the same conclusion ~3-minutes in.

i wanted to wait until after a commitment for the mojo, but i realized something when i read your comment.. our greatest gift is right here in the present, and it's all we really have. enjoy

Just watched after the announcement. So easy seeing him fit into how we want to play (based on last year).

Going to be huge in kinda filling the holes left by both Hawkins and Jackson as a less concentrated blend of both. Shot isn't as pretty or quick as Hawkins (no one's is) but nice high release and follow through. I believe the percentages. Didn't see too much of him curling around screens off-ball into shots.

As for comparing to Jackson - nice connector with the pass, can be a secondary ball handler, comfortable in the PnR and actually finishes, and disruptive on D (with anticipation and hands not Andre fn Jackson style).

Hoping for a little Joey Chemistry connection with Clingan (like what he showed with Cliff O). So now he's replacing 3 national champions at once.

Over under for dunks next year is 0.5.

Reaction Score
Hearing uconn made a big impression and visit went well. Feeling i get (and yes feeling can be wrong) is that we have a real shot. Sadly $ is a factor also.... obviously time will tell and please slam me if you wish. I do get the idea money is not as big of a factor as Timberlake was.
Someone gave you bad information. Spencer said he was at UConn Monday and Tuesday. Cross that person off your insider's information list! :)

Spencer’s official visit on Monday and Tuesday convinced him that the defending national champions would be a great fit.

Reaction Score
Yep, it's not even close. Cam is such a perfect fit for this team. Besides being able to shoot off the catch and off the dribble he has great feel to his game. He's perfect for Clingan in that he opens things up for him with his shooting and he's a crafty passer/excellent at lobs. He's also a good defender with quick hands.

It goes beyond the individual skill set or capabilities. Spencer has the matching competitiveness, fire and toughness with Hurley and co. It’s mutual attraction.

This team will win many games when the games are tight with Karaban, Newton, Spencer and Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom