Cam Spencer named first-team Academic All-American | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer named first-team Academic All-American

Reaction Score
Congrats to Cam.

Oso Ighodaro of Marquette is on the 2nd team and Stevie Mitchell of Marquette is on the 3rd team.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Congrats to Cam.

Oso Ighodaro of Marquette is on the 2nd team and Stevie Mitchell of Marquette is on the 3rd team.

Congrat's to a talented player and student. Thanks for all you did to help UConn to win their 6th. Good luck in the future and you will always be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Cam.

Congrats Killa Cam :)

You are a Husky for life. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Reaction Score
The fact that he did this and was a first team BE player is off the charts. Gonna be a successful dude no matter whether its in BB or his chosen profession..

Reaction Score
The fact that he did this and was a first team BE player is off the charts. Gonna be a successful dude no matter whether its in BB or his chosen profession..
Sounds crazy given some of his physical limitations compared to NBA prototypes, but I could see a backdoor league career for him. Guys with that kind of work ethic, are that fundamentally sound, that happen to shoot the lights out, don't grow on trees. Reliability is hugely important for league contenders.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wow, the guy just came in and did everything the right way. Hurley I think called him and old soul. There may be something to that, no social media, no off court issues, most impactful one year player we have ever had (maybe Castle and he are tied), and now we know while he was busy dominating on the court he was doing the same in the classroom.

The major is interesting. I think it fits him perfectly. Just like Hurley he is a no bs kind of guy. He is who he is and embraces that with his actions. What can you say there are no words to put it in the proper context.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the most painful things I’ve felt as a UConn fan in the last 10 years, is the loss of Cam Spencer. That’s saying a lot.

This is a kid with so much talent and moxie that no one can come close to quantifying it. He belongs on the wall right next to Newton.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
My favorite line from one of the A Dime Back podcasts a few weeks ago was about Spencer.

The Hurleys all sitting around for dinner table and Danny turns to Andrew and says “Why can’t you be more like your older brother Cam?”

Absolutely incredible the ride that Cam has had the last 2 years (considering was still at Loyola 2 years ago today).

Impossible to have imagined when we got him how both his personality and play would epitomize what Championship team #6 ended up being.

Can’t remember the last player we had who was so reviled by everyone else and so loved by us. The ultimate heel. Gonna really really miss the dude.

Reaction Score
I think we get kids who like school. Like @August_West said, he didn't have to as a grad transfer.
There are players who legit like to learn.
I had a politics class with Kevin freeman and he was easily the biggest participant in class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom