OT: Cam Newton to the Pats. | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton to the Pats.

Reaction Score

So much for that “I am really excited to see what Stidham can do!!!” Nonsense.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As a Panthers fan all I can do is snicker.

I bet the pats still win the division.

Assuming cam stays healthy

Reaction Score
I bet the pats still win the division.

Assuming cam stays healthy

and here comes the “Tommy was done....Cam will win the SB” charge.....

Reaction Score
If you’re going to make a run at the SB. You pay Brady what he deserves. He took restructuring year after year in his deal to help the team.

Or you get Cam Newton for a year on the cheap? Ugh.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If you’re going to make a run at the SB. You pay Brady what he deserves. He took restructuring year after year in his deal to help the team.

Or you get Cam Newton for a year on the cheap? Ugh.

Long term they were better off giving stidham a shot. But newton has enough talent with that defense to still be a contender, if he stays healthy.

People complained about the pats weapons, did you see what newton dragged to the super bowl?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m not a pats fan.

But the rest of that division is pretty Inept.

I’m also not a josh Allen believer.

You're wrong, you'll find out soon!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm much more scared of a motivated and angry Cam with great coaching than I am of Jarret Stidham.

Reaction Score
I didn’t follow to negotiations, but was Brady interested in only one year, at a price near this?

Not a bad one-year experiment with Newton imo.

You're asking if Brady was interested in a one year deal for $1M?

As funny as it is to see a non-Pats fan as obsessed with New England as Chudster is, I don't really see what he's going for here. They signed a former league MVP to a one year, incentive laden deal for short money. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, no big deal. Is he even guaranteed to win the starting job? We'll see what happens. Chudster seems to keep himself going with this idea that the Pats fans on this board are suicidal about the upcoming season, but I don't think he can will that into reality.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're asking if Brady was interested was in a one year deal for $1M?

As funny as it is to see a non-Pats fan as obsessed with New England as Chudster is, I don't really see what he's going for here. They signed a former league MVP to a one year, incentive laden deal for short money. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, no big deal. Is he even guaranteed to win the starting job? We'll see what happens. Chudster seems to keep himself going with this idea that the Pats fans on this board are suicidal about the upcoming season, but I don't think he can will that into reality.

So you’d rather watch Cam Newton who hasn’t played in a year for one season over bringing Brady back for a final year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So you’d rather watch Cam Newton who hasn’t played in a year for one season over bringing Brady back for a final year.
Doesn’t seem like a fair comparison because Brady wasn‘t an option at this point.

Do you know what the last offer/demand was with Brady?

Reaction Score
Cam Newton couldn’t walk this year.

Which is why the best he could do is a one year deal for a million bucks.

Why are you acting like he's the guaranteed starter? He couldn't throw the ball in Carolina. People within the organization are high on Stidham. Does Belichick strike you as a guy that picks his starters based on reputation?

You act like whether or not Brady came back was entirely in New England's control. That's just not true.

I'm going to forget that this a troll I'm dealing with and answer the question honestly: last year was not particularly enjoyable to watch, the offense looked horrible. As HuskyHawk pointed out Brady's demand that he "trust" his receivers led to a limited pool of available options on offense and delayed the development of potential contributors (N'Keal Harry).

With the money Brady wanted there was simply no way that they were going to be able to compete with the upper echelon teams in the AFC (and they're not going to be able to this year anyway). Personally, I was glad that he decided to move on and was looking forward to seeing what Stidham can do. I don't know why that's such a hard idea for a troll to accept. If Newton beats him out, great. If he doesn't, great.

Either way, they won 6 _____ rings since I graduated from college and I'm not that old. It's all fine. You can't process that. That's fine too.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t seem like a fair comparison because Brady wasn‘t an option at this point.

Do you know what the last offer/demand was with Brady?

2 years at $25M/per is what was reported, which is basically what he got in Tampa.

Reaction Score
I’m a GB fan and I kno it was a little Brady’s doing , I guess, but how do the pats not resign him? give him a big play receiver to go along with gronk and the pats wudda been once again top 5 super bowl fave. Brady had nothing to work with last year. No TE, Edelman was double teamed , and the rest of the receivers were awful. Sanu esp. AND Sony-Michele fell off into a sophomore slump. Surprised Brady got them as far as he did. Brady was still a top 10 qb last year and most likely a top 5 qb this year with his weapons in Tampa. Pats were foolish. Ride it out and get every last drop out of your HOF Q.
Belicheck an arrogant dude.

Reaction Score
It'll be so funny if Fashion Cam Show poisons the Pats. Its all Me, Me, Me, with him and tons of ego. Not like I care about the NFL anymore but this storyline is one I want to watch.

Reaction Score
I was a big fan of Cam early in his career. I thought he had superstar potential. Then he developed severe throwing accuracy and ego issues. I think there is potential for him and if there’s one guy to get it out of him, it’s BB.

Reaction Score
I was a big fan of Cam early in his career. I thought he had superstar potential. Then he developed severe throwing accuracy and ego issues. I think there is potential for him and if there’s one guy to get it out of him, it’s BB.
He was a superstar, he was the MVP.

Reaction Score
He was a superstar, he was the MVP.

Right, I should’ve worded that better. He just fell off really quick. His accuracy last year was among the worst I’ve ever seen. I think he’s landing in a good spot now.

Reaction Score

I do think money was involved. Money in the nfl Is how you structure your teams

ps just include in his contract no hats allowed in interviews

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom