Calling the Big 12 | The Boneyard

Calling the Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm surprised there aren't more rumblings of them jumping at two wounded leagues to add teams. There's no way they can afford to stay at 10 with 3 leagues now at 14. The silence is odd but then again so is the silence from UConn. I'm hoping the UConn silence is a good thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FWIW:
@DanWolken
Big 12 only needs to make a move if/when FSU and Clemson start getting itchy. Louisville et al will be there for them at any time.

@ChipBrownOB: L'ville has been hoping for call, but any moves by Md and Rutgers to B10 not likely to change Big12's stance on 10 for now.

Reaction Score
Louisville and UConn are to the Big 12 what ECU is to the Big East. A caught fish. Neither conference has any reason to rush.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised there aren't more rumblings of them jumping at two wounded leagues to add teams. There's no way they can afford to stay at 10 with 3 leagues now at 14. The silence is odd but then again so is the silence from UConn. I'm hoping the UConn silence is a good thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's interesting that Louisville is screaming for the attention of the ACC now. Sounds like us in the last round of expansion. I guess you scream when you want someone's attention... and you don't have to (UConn) when you already have their attention!

Reaction Score
IMO, that is the wrong conference to focus on - IMHO, it is the SEC folks should be watching. They want to expand the markets they play in - hence, no desire for Clemson or FSU - and many speculate UNC and Va Tech are very high on their radar. If that happens, that takes them to 16, and they are done. If they do, it also opens up the door for more chaos -

does Pac12 make a move - it has to go after OK or TX schools or sit still, forever (absent the compelling UNR, Boise, SDSU moves they have alredy laughed over).

how does B12 react?

What does B10 do - they love Texas, they want Virginia and, to a lesser extent, Ga Tech. 2 more gets them to 16, and they are done.

In other words, the B10 move made further conference moves more likely, not less. I am in the camp of thinking ACC will not move fast to expand and will make moves designed to keep the schools most at risk of leaving happy. Swofford made several good moves over the last decade, and then made a horrible move by creating a schism in the conference for no good reason.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm

@SethDavisHoops
I'd be curious if this prompts the Big 12 to go after Louisville. The two have flirted before but the B12 might be afraid ACC will take em.

Reaction Score
FSU trustee says Noles will "stay the course" ~ yada, yada, yada...

"We've had no overtures from anybody," Haggard said. "We've made no overtures. Florida State is right where they are right now. Whatever Maryland did is totally isolated, and we're going to stay the course and we're going to be in the Atlantic Coast Conference. I've heard nothing from the Board of Trustees or (athletic director) Randy Spetman, and I don't think it affects us one bit."

http://usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...ege-conference-expansion-realignment/1715537/

Reaction Score
Big 12 seems to me so much of a better fit for Louisville and Cincinnati and uconn is a perfect fit for the acc. Of course what makes sense in this buisiness isn't what usually happens

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
FSU trustee says Noles will "stay the course" ~ yada, yada, yada...

"We've had no overtures from anybody," Haggard said. "We've made no overtures. Florida State is right where they are right now. Whatever Maryland did is totally isolated, and we're going to stay the course and we're going to be in the Atlantic Coast Conference. I've heard nothing from the Board of Trustees or (athletic director) Randy Spetman, and I don't think it affects us one bit."

http://usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...ege-conference-expansion-realignment/1715537/
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Reaction Score
SI.com has Uconn in the ACC by tomorrow fwiw
SI.com says it "could" happen tomorrow.

Doesn't come close to saying will happen by tomorrow, and it's based on the tweet that's been discussed here.

"the University of Connecticut could be on the move as well according to a tweet from the San Jose Mercury-News’ Jon Wilner."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom