Called It Right | The Boneyard

Called It Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel that leading up to the Notre Dame game there were more than a few people who talked about Stewie and made it sound like if she didn't play at a really high level or excel, that UConn was in serious trouble. I pointed out that UConn has a number of players beyond Stewie that have shown in the past that they have the ability to perform at an exceptional level and that was proven on Saturday. I was tied up for a major part of Saturday so I didn't actually see the game but was so thrilled that a couple of ladies that don't get nearly the notoriety that KML and Stewie do, were actually the catalysts in our winning this game on the road and handily, at that. People here gave all this credo for Loyd and her supporting cast and how really exception they all were while giving very little to UConn for the same, which makes no sense. Who on Notre Dame beyond Loyd has actually shown themselves to be a big game player, at this point? I couldn't and didn't understand that perspective!!!Reading about the victory, it sounds like Moriah had a very much less than stellar game and yet, voila, a really solid victory. UConn needed some toughness and it sounds like Kia and Morgan stepped up big time. That sounds like it may be a long year for the rest of college basketball if these two continue to play at this high level. I'm hopeful that Kia maintains the confidence that she obviously displayed on Saturday because she helps make UConn a monster.

Reaction Score
I feel that leading up to the Notre Dame game there were more than a few people who talked about Stewie and made it sound like if she didn't play at a really high level or excel, that UConn was in serious trouble. I pointed out that UConn has a number of players beyond Stewie that have shown in the past that they have the ability to perform at an exceptional level and that was proven on Saturday. I was tied up for a major part of Saturday so I didn't actually see the game but was so thrilled that a couple of ladies that don't get nearly the notoriety that KML and Stewie do, were actually the catalysts in our winning this game on the road and handily, at that. People here gave all this credo for Loyd and her supporting cast and how really exception they all were while giving very little to UConn for the same, which makes no sense. Who on Notre Dame beyond Loyd has actually shown themselves to be a big game player, at this point? I couldn't and didn't understand that perspective!!!Reading about the victory, it sounds like Moriah had a very much less than stellar game and yet, voila, a really solid victory. UConn needed some toughness and it sounds like Kia and Morgan stepped up big time. That sounds like it may be a long year for the rest of college basketball if these two continue to play at this high level. I'm hopeful that Kia maintains the confidence that she obviously displayed on Saturday because she helps make UConn a monster.

Nurse had a very good game also!

Reaction Score
Good call. The cool part about our team is our depth of options. If Stewie is having an off game, we have other people who can step up. We have pretty confident players and a great coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom