Call for Ballots: Boneyard Top 25 Weeks 1-2! | The Boneyard

Call for Ballots: Boneyard Top 25 Weeks 1-2!

Reaction Score
It's that time again: the Boneyard Top 25 Poll (BY25) is calling for ballots for games through Sunday, November 20th!

We've had quite the doozy of games thus far, and we're delighted to see how the Boneyard has reacted to the first few weeks of the season. We will see where the universe has decided that the darts shall land on this dartboard and whether the darts tossed by the Boneyard members shall be unanimous or all over the place.

Voting is now open for Weeks 1-2 of the 2022-2023 BY25 Poll. Ballots are due by 11am ET on Monday, November 21st. As always, please send your votes to @WBB25POLL via private message. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let us know in this thread and we will PM you first.)

1668613215636.png

A few rules and tips:
  • Everyone, regardless of team loyalty, is equally welcome and encouraged to submit a ballot. The sole prerequisite is to have a Boneyard account. The more balanced and diverse the electorate, the better the poll.
  • Full ballots of 25 teams are required.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must be assigned a unique ranking.
  • Double-check your ballot to ensure: (a) no team is listed more than once, and (b) you’ve correctly named each team (e.g., not confusing “Iowa” and “Iowa State”).
For reference, the Preseason BY25 poll, may be found here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I love the image you selected :) except in my case the darts would be scattered all over the place :confused:

Lots of games this weekend may influence my ballot. The Atlantis tournament includes Texas, Louisville, South Dakota State and Tennessee. Could UCLA, Gonzaga, Marquette or Rutgers play spoiler?

Other games I have my eye on (not mentioning ridiculous cupcake games):

Princeton at Buffalo
Nebraska at Drake
Columbia at Iowa State
NC State at UConn
Duke at Toledo
North Carolina at James Madison
Michigan at Fairfield
Georgia at Georgia Tech
South Carolina at Stanford
Belmont at Iowa
Maryland at Baylor
Creighton at Northern Iowa
Miami at DePaul

Reaction Score
Bumping this thread to remind folks to submit ballots by 12pm ET on Monday! Definitely best to wait until after the big games today though, as others have pointed out.

It's been a crazy week already, and we'd love to see more chaos ensue today. :cool:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ugh! I forgot to submit a ballot for the pre-season poll...but will for this coming week. Just has taken a while for me to get back into basketball mode.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Other games I have my eye on (not mentioning ridiculous cupcake games):

Princeton at Buffalo
Nebraska at Drake
Columbia at Iowa State
NC State at UConn
Duke at Toledo
North Carolina at James Madison
Michigan at Fairfield
Georgia at Georgia Tech
South Carolina at Stanford
Belmont at Iowa
Maryland at Baylor
Creighton at Northern Iowa
Miami at DePaul
Princeton's game at Buffalo was canceled. Nebraska lost decisively to Drake.
The rest of these games, plus the B4Atlantis games, are still to be decided.

My ballot tonight will look drastically different from my preseason ballot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just waiting for the end of the Texas-Lou game to submit

Princeton's game at Buffalo was canceled. Nebraska lost decisively to Drake.
The rest of these games, plus the B4Atlantis games, are still to be decided.

My ballot tonight will look drastically different from my preseason ballot.

Probably half of the teams on my ballot lost, a few multiple times. Some bad bad losses too.... looking at you Nebraska, Miami, High Point

Plebe

Reaction Score
Probably half of the teams on my ballot lost, a few multiple times. Some bad bad losses too.... looking at you Nebraska, Miami, High Point
Lol I hesitated to even include the DePaul-Miami game in my list. Assumed it would be an easy win for Miami after DePaul's two bad losses. That'll teach me to underestimate those Blue Devils Demons!

I'll have to crunch some numbers, but they just might be my highest-ranked demonic-themed team. :cool:

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol I hesitated to even include the DePaul-Miami game in my list. Assumed it would be an easy win for Miami after DePaul's two bad losses. That'll teach me to underestimate those Blue Devils!

I'll have to crunch some numbers, but they just might be my highest-ranked demonic-themed team. :cool:

Hope that was an innocent slip-up..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reaction Score
Right now imo it’s 3 elite teams and everybody else. Teams I have ranked #4- #7 I don’t think necessarily deserve those rankings yet but hey it’s upset city :confused:.

Reaction Score
Right now imo it’s 3 elite teams and everybody else. Teams I have ranked #4- #7 I don’t think necessarily deserve those rankings yet but hey it’s upset city :confused:.
Me, too. And 8-15 and 16-25! There’s not a lot of stability once you get past the top 3. I think Geno answered a question about this and attributed it to the portal. He seems to have mixed feelings about it. The instability is unsettling, but it might be good for WCBB. “We need more of the madness.”

Reaction Score
  1. South Carolina
  2. Stanford
  3. UConn
  4. Indiana
  5. Iowa State
  6. Ohio State
  7. Notre Dame
  8. North Carolina
  9. Louisville
  10. Iowa
  11. NC State
  12. LSU
  13. Maryland
  14. Creighton
  15. UCLA
  16. Marquette
  17. Kansas State
  18. Arizona
  19. Duke
  20. Florida State
  21. Baylor
  22. Michigan State
  23. Oregon State
  24. Gonzaga
  25. Villanova
Oregon State but no Oregon?

Reaction Score
Just a heads up to you all, you still have a few more hours to get ballots in - I expect to be able to post a recap with this edition of the rankings this evening -- quite a few surprises in these rankings thus far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom