Call Another Nurse | The Boneyard

Call Another Nurse

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I decided to attend the hockey game at the XL Center this evening between the Canada and USA Women's National teams. One thing that I didn't realize until I got there is that one member of the Canadian team is a certain Sarah Nurse, who (I learned from a Google search between periods) is a cousin of Kia and Darnell who also hails from Hamilton, Ontario.

Sarah is listed as 5-8 and 140 pounds, and that looked about right as I watched her play. She is a forward (unlike Darnell) and I saw her play all three forward positions, which is unusual at least in the NHL. She appeared to be one of the faster skaters on the ice tonight, but she didn't score or assist during the game.

It would have been hard, since the Canadians scored only one goal in a 4-1 loss to the Americans. Sarah appeared to prevent one USA goal by staying with an American player who had a partial breakaway (and preventing a shot without committing a penalty), but on the other hand she appeared to lose her check on the 4th American goal, and that gave the American player an unimpeded shot on goal.

I read that Sarah went to the University of Wisconsin and made the Frozen Four in her senior year. She was apparently the top scorer for her collegiate team.

Quite an athletic clan up there north of the border.

Reaction Score
Bet Kia skates lights-out too! Ice looked a bit more tilted toward the Canuck net last night than is common for this series.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bet Kia skates lights-out too! Ice looked a bit more tilted toward the Canuck net last night than is common for this series.

Actually, If I recall correctly, when asked, Kia said she is not a skater.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom