OT: - Calipari says Kentucky 'is a basketball school' but football coach Stoops questions if that's true | The Boneyard

OT: Calipari says Kentucky 'is a basketball school' but football coach Stoops questions if that's true

Reaction Score
Not really as much of a big deal as this article pretends, but any time people are busting on Calipari I want to read it. I hope UK has a disappointing season and tournament again. Love to see UK fans (crazy people?) flip even more against him.

Btw, it's kind of crazy when a 15 year old practice facility is already out of date. Can't they just renovate it? Seems kind of nuts to be building new facilities every 15 years.

Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari woke up Thursday and decided to publicly make the case for his program to get a new practice facility. So he talked with The Athletic's Kyle Tucker, explained how he had to stop a recent workout because the roof was leaking in the 15-year-old Joe Craft Center, and eventually said the following: "This is a basketball school. It's always been that. Alabama is a football school. So is Georgia. I mean, they are. No disrespect to our football team. I hope they win 10 games and go to bowls. At the end of the day, that makes my job easier, and it makes the job of all of us easier. But this is a basketball school. And so we need to keep moving in that direction and keep doing what we're doing."

It took less than two hours for UK football coach Mark Stoops to respond.

And most UK fans seemed to side with Stoops!

Did you ever think you'd see the day?

There are a million different places I could take this column from here -- but the most interesting thing from Thursday is how it served as the latest bit of evidence of just how dramatically things have flipped on Calipari at Kentucky.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Could care less about what type of school they are (obviously it’s basketball) but very perplexed by the fact their current practice facility is only 15 years old and the roof is already leaking? Hope they don’t hire that same firm to build the next facility…

pj

Reaction Score
Could care less about what type of school they are (obviously it’s basketball) but very perplexed by the fact their current practice facility is only 15 years old and the roof is already leaking? Hope they don’t hire that same firm to build the next facility…

The firm that built the Hartford Civic Center in 1975 might be available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35
Top Bottom