Calipari Praises Alabama’s Nick Saban, UConn’s Geno Auriemma (longer version) | The Boneyard

Calipari Praises Alabama’s Nick Saban, UConn’s Geno Auriemma (longer version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
“They may win 100 straight games. You cannot make a movie about it. Why? It’s just not believable,” Calipari said. “When you talk about that consistency, year in and year out – and I coach, so I know how hard it is – there’s a culture they’ve created, there’s an expectation within their team, yet their kids stay in the moment. How in the world do you do that? There’s an expectation that we’re going to win all these games, yet you stay in the moment: Let’s just do what we do today.”

John Calipari Praises Alabama's Nick Saban, UConn's Geno Auriemma | Zagsblog

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice article. It's interesting that a coach who is the king of "one & done" basketball at KY, recognizes the brilliance of Geno's continuity at UConn. I suspect they are good friends as well, a couple of Italian guys from the Northeast.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
“They may win 100 straight games. You cannot make a movie about it. Why? It’s just not believable,” Calipari said. “When you talk about that consistency, year in and year out – and I coach, so I know how hard it is – there’s a culture they’ve created, there’s an expectation within their team, yet their kids stay in the moment. How in the world do you do that? There’s an expectation that we’re going to win all these games, yet you stay in the moment: Let’s just do what we do today.”

John Calipari Praises Alabama's Nick Saban, UConn's Geno Auriemma | Zagsblog

We are reminded of what Mark Twain said:

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually Geno's streak:

"And then I go to Geno Auriemma in women’s basketball. They may win 100 straight games. You can not make a movie about it. Why? It’s just not believable. (chuckles) You don’t believe that. Somebody wins 100 straight games.”

Kentucky Basketball Coach John Calipari Marvels at the Success of Nick Saban and Geno Auriemma |

Short video of it and comments on Saban. In talking about Saban he references an advantage Saban has - he actually has players return. Funny, his advantage is becoming smething else?

Reaction Score
“They may win 100 straight games. You cannot make a movie about it. Why? It’s just not believable,” Calipari said.
If you're a UConn fan you can believe it. But let's be honest, how successful can you be making movies just for UConn fans?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Calipari has shown Geno love before. These remarks come as no surprise. Calipari gets it.

Reaction Score
Other advantage that Geno and Nick Saban have is that their teams won't go on major NCAA suspensions just after they leave...

Sorry, I just don't believe a word that comes out of Calipari's mouth. I think he's on a permanent "change the image" tour.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Other advantage that Geno and Nick Saban have is that their teams won't go on major NCAA suspensions just after they leave...

Sorry, I just don't believe a word that comes out of Calipari's mouth. I think he's on a permanent "change the image" tour.

Count me in for a double helping of that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We are reminded of what Mark Twain said:

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."

Mark Twain was right again.;)

Clemson wins NC, beating Alabama 35-31 by scoring winning TD with 0:01 on the clock. If you wrote this script it would get trashed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mark Twain was right again.;)

Clemson wins NC, beating Alabama 35-31 by scoring winning TD with 0:01 on the clock. If you wrote this script it would get trashed.

I hope Geno was watching the game last night. I have never seen better screens being set. World class :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom