Calhoun vs. Calimari | The Boneyard

Calhoun vs. Calimari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if Calhoun lost as older people don't generally embrace social media, but this shouldn't be close. Calipari is a great coach (not X's and O's but an all time great recruiter) but Calhoun is IMO a top 10 all time college coach. Cal vs a Donovan or Izzo is an interesting debate though.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if Calhoun lost as older people don't generally embrace social media, but this shouldn't be close. Calipari is a great coach (not X's and O's but an all time great recruiter) but Calhoun is IMO a top 10 all time college coach. Cal vs a Donovan or Izzo is an interesting debate though.
Yeah I guess younger people don't realize that Calhoun built a nothing program into a national powerhouse, with very few high school all-americans.
Oh, and I guess they don't realize 3 is indeed greater than 1.
From a neutral standpoint, it's not even a contest.

Reaction Score
Yeah I guess younger people don't realize that Calhoun built a nothing program into a national powerhouse, with very few high school all-americans.
Oh, and I guess they don't realize 3 is indeed greater than 1.
From a neutral standpoint, it's not even a contest.

Calhoun's resume is clearly better...get Cal drunk enough and he'd probably agree. However, most people gravitate towards their generation so I could see most people who would vote in an online poll taking Cal. No different than people saying Trout is better than Mantle. While that may prove to be true, it's really premature to say it now.

On a side note...would a 2nd title give the edge to Cal comparing everything else (winning %, conf titles, final fours, etc)?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
These twitter brackets never work because the guy who only needs the "favorite" is at an inherent advantage. That's not to say that Cal couldn't win anyway, it's just not a great gauge of public sentiment.

It's like on FB where you're supposed to "like" one candidate or "comment" or the other; 100% of the time the "like" candidate wins. These are hardly elections of national importance but it's always been a pet peeve.

Reaction Score
Calipari is a great coach (not X's and O's but an all time great recruiter) but Calhoun is IMO a top 10 all time college coach.

Yeah to translate: 'Calapari could work for Calhoun, but Calhoun can't work for Calipari'. They are not equals.

Reaction Score
Someone slap me in the side of the head!

For all these years, I though Calipari was called squid because he was skirmy.

The thread title explains it all. What a dope!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Cal's great recruiting is a myth. Just google world wide Wes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

You deserve huge bonus points for admitting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom