Calhoun says he expects to coach DIII Saint Joseph | The Boneyard

Calhoun says he expects to coach DIII Saint Joseph

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Jim Calhoun Sounding, Acting, Like A Coach Again

>>There are some complications to work out. Calhoun is under contract as a full-time state employee at UConn, in an advisory role. He’s a consultant at St. Joseph. Coaching would essentially mean reversing those roles. Calhoun would have to assume a part-time role at UConn while working full-time at USJ, and he’ll have to make sure the Office of State Ethics sees no issue with any arrangement. He expects resolution within a month, and his official start date at USJ would be Sept. 1.<<

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Jim Calhoun Sounding, Acting, Like A Coach Again

>>There are some complications to work out. Calhoun is under contract as a full-time state employee at UConn, in an advisory role. He’s a consultant at St. Joseph. Coaching would essentially mean reversing those roles. Calhoun would have to assume a part-time role at UConn while working full-time at USJ, and he’ll have to make sure the Office of State Ethics sees no issue with any arrangement. He expects resolution within a month, and his official start date at USJ would be Sept. 1.<<

I knew JC was still affiliated with UConn, but I had no idea he had a full time position.

Reaction Score
want to give Kudos to John Calhoun on this. The publicity of this is helping St Joes, Hartford and even UCONN. The number of applicants for STJ is up 80%, the enrollment in the freshman class is 50% higher and the number of male students is way more then expected. This is STJ first male undergraduate class. I dont care about basketball in STJ and UCONN should see this as a net plus for the community as a whole. STJ is now big time into health allied professions. They have the only Family Nurse Practitioner program in Hartford. The increase enrollment in St Josephs will help CT alleviate the nursing and medical shortage here

Reaction Score
want to give Kudos to John Calhoun on this. The publicity of this is helping St Joes, Hartford and even UCONN. The number of applicants for STJ is up 80%, the enrollment in the freshman class is 50% higher and the number of male students is way more then expected. This is STJ first male undergraduate class. I dont care about basketball in STJ and UCONN should see this as a net plus for the community as a whole. STJ is now big time into health allied professions. They have the only Family Nurse Practitioner program in Hartford. The increase enrollment in St Josephs will help CT alleviate the nursing and medical shortage here

5CD7BE19-30E2-4F03-B98A-61451F8B5B52.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't think your average NCAA D-III men's BB referee is adequately prepared for the coming tornado known as James A. Calhoun. It may be a vortex the likes of which has never before been seen or experienced at that level.

Think about it. Probably the least qualified NCAA men's basketball referees vs. the Mad Irishman. Brace yourselves, D-III zebras!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom