Calhoun Quote | The Boneyard

Calhoun Quote

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well....maybe only a paraphrase....

"The most dangerous thing is a Big East team in need of a win".

Do we think we can we be that kind of team Saturday?

Or do we think we will need to wait until next year?

Next year.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Well....maybe only a paraphrase....

"The most dangerous thing is a Big East team in need of a win".

Do we think we can we be that kind of team Saturday?

Or do we think we will need to wait until next year?
I think we CAN be that kind of team on Saturday. What's the sense of watching or rooting for a team if you have no hope? Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
I don't see it. This team gave us hope early with wins against name teams that to date turned out to be not that good. At this point being above 500 is starting to look like a real struggle.

Reaction Score
I'm a hopeful sort of person regarding our team usually but this game is shaping up to be a blowout. No indication Gilbert or Carlton can do this let alone on the road. Polley gone and freshman not quite there yet. We are a crappy shooting team. We turn the ball over. A lot. What do we shoot from 3? I expect a 10 point deficit at the half and a 20 point loss.

Reaction Score
I still think this team has the ability to turn a corner and be much better by year end, even if that doesn't lead to an NCAA bid. But a win tomorrow would require both a 180 in terms of road focus and winning close games on the same day, and I don't expect them to both happen at once.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
There are reasons why we are +17 going into tomorrow, but a win here would be a milestone in the Hurley era and a major step in the right direction for the program.

Reaction Score
There are reasons why we are +17 going into tomorrow, but a win here would be a milestone in the Hurley era and a major step in the right direction for the program.
Correct. He has not had a signature win and it would be sweet for sure.

Reaction Score
You could see against Wichita, Xavier and Florida that we are close to being fairly good. What we really need is a good performance coupled with a great free throw shooting day. Unfortunately, for all the mistakes we’ve made all season, all the drives to nowhere, bad passes and ill timed shots, much better free throw shooting would have vastly improved our record. If this team was hitting free throws like the 2014 team was they would only have like two losses. Play decent, make free throws and we will be dangerous every night.

Reaction Score
17 points? Holy cow. When was the last time UConn was a 17 point underdog? Maybe the last few years? I can't remember any lines that high.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
17 points = Josh making 3 more layups, Bouk playing 33 strong minutes taking pressure off CV and AG and Akok being incorporated into a weapon in the half court sets.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Ahhhhh, the good ole days

Reaction Score
Cud be worse than last years nova game. We were actually down 2 at half I believe. Nova was better last year than this year and we’re better this year than last year. But still, This team gives me no reason to believe the game is going to be mildly close. I want to watch the game but I really don’t want to adjust my entire day around watching them then they get blown out by 30

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Cud be worse than last years nova game. We were actually down 2 at half I believe. Nova was better last year than this year and we’re better this year than last year. But still, This team gives me no reason to believe the game is going to be mildly close. I want to watch the game but I really don’t want to adjust my entire day around watching them then they get blown out by 30

Then maybe you should do something else

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

What a terrible defeated attitude to have about our team. The level some of our fan base has sunk to is at historic lows. Pessimism is bad juju and the last thing our program needs is the fans giving up.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
What a terrible defeated attitude to have about our team. The level some of our fan base has sunk to is at historic lows. Pessimism is bad juju and the last thing our program needs is the fans giving up.
J=M, U=O

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom