Calhoun Q&A tonight in Ridgefield | The Boneyard

Calhoun Q&A tonight in Ridgefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just got back from the Born to Lead doc at the Ridgefield Playhouse. Calhoun answered some questions from the crowd and two in particular were worth noting.

1) He was asked if he sees any former players (besides Ollie and the current UConn staff) coaching down the road. He mentioned Ray Allen right off the bat.

2) He was asked if he would consider coaching again. He said he has received several calls, and if the right situation came up, somewhere where he can coach for a few years and his age wouldn't be an issue or a detriment to the program then he would consider. He mentioned going somewhere with a coach in waiting, but didn't mention anyone specifically. He reiterated that it had to be the right situation.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Was... was Goodman right?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I just got back from the Born to Lead doc at the Ridgefield Playhouse. Calhoun answered some questions from the crowd and two in particular were worth noting.
Anything about conferences?

Reaction Score
I wonder what schools have called him?? Im just very curious to know

Reaction Score
1. He mentioned a story about at the end of the 99 title game he told Voskuhl to throw it in to Khalid, and not Rip. He said he couldn't tell Rip the story until about 5 years ago. Said Rip would have made the FTs, but he KNEW Khalid would make them.

2. Said Boehiem hates the ACC. Hates it.

3. Didn't say much regarding conference realignment, just that he thinks UConn will get to a better place soon.

4. Mentioned that Dunn and Hillard this year wouldn't even been all league players back in the original Big East, but both guys shared Conference Player of the year.

The documentary is excellent and JC did a nice job answering questions and giving even more background into stories.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was abundantly clear that UConn is still in his heart and his blood. My takeaway from his comment on the "right situation' is that if at some point in the reasonably near future KO decides to test the NBA waters, he'll fill in to keep the program running running and in the process he'll groom his replacement. As that scenario, due to its limited window, is far from likely, my guess is that his coaching days are in the past.

I was a bit disappointed by the turnout butt the benefit was that I was able to talk to JC twice at the pre-showing meet and greet and spoke with Pat Calhoun (as nice a person as there is) at length.

Reaction Score
Was there also. Great night. A pleasure speaking to him. Things look good for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom