Calhoun interview at Hall of Fame | The Boneyard

Calhoun interview at Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Calhoun: He was incredible shot blocker, and he was a terrific rebounder. The thing I saw was that he just hadn't even learned how to play yet, and he was still great. He could still be great. I remember sitting with Mike Krzyzewski and watching Ben Gordon. Ben Gordon averaged 17 points per game in 10 years in the NBA. Mike saw what he was, and I saw what he could be. Both are very good observations, but my observation was kind of tilted a little more toward our program, and how Ben could help us get back to winning a championship. That was my thing: I liked what guys could be, not what they were necessarily.

Uconn Basketball in 1 paragraph.

Reaction Score
What's funny about that is I would pick Duke as the program that got guys who were great college players but maxed out and weren't as good in the NBA whereas Uconn got players who ended up being better in the NBA than in college. Obviously both programs have examples of both, but that seems to be the narrative.

Reaction Score
and how Ben could help us get back to winning a championship.

And how fitting that Ben fulfilled that and beat duke (again!) on the way to that Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom