Calhoun had lung surgery to remove cancerous tumor in may | The Boneyard

Calhoun had lung surgery to remove cancerous tumor in may

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Also maybe why he didn't announce anything between May and August.
Not according to those dudes who say he was being quiet to push KO into the coaching job.

No wonder JC didn't issue anything all summer. Hopefully this is the last of the cancer problems.

Reaction Score
Coach will always deal with tumors and cancers, if he does not give up right now those diet sodas for whom he has a severe fondness. They are highly, highly correlated to cancer. Coach should hire a top-flight nutritionist who specializes in natural healing who will compel him to switch to more alkaline food and drinks. www.cancertutor.com (maybe .net or .org?)

Reaction Score
Im just surprised how this was kept quiet. I would think somebody would have picked up on this and word would have gotten out.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My father had skin cancer growths removed and later had kidney cancer. When the doctor biopsied his kidney he found that it was the same type of cancer cells as the skin cancer which had spread internally. Quite possibly this is the case with JC especially since he is a non-smoker?

Reaction Score
Just when you think the old bastard couldn't be any tougher...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The man is a beast

Reaction Score
Everyone needs to tweet this at Gary Parrish and the other CBS Sports clowns.

(I would, but I'm lazy.)

Reaction Score
Where are those *king pricks like Gary Parish and Bill Simmons who likened Calhoun's retirement to a rat leaving a sinking ship? Ass clowns like these will be kept out of work for a week with a head cold yet Calhoun dealt with cancer, spinal stenosis, broken ribs, and even the death of his father. Call him all the names in the books if you want but NEVER question his toughness, loyalty, or devotion to the emperor HE built with hsi bare hands.

Reaction Score
My father had skin cancer growths removed and later had kidney cancer. When the doctor biopsied his kidney he found that it was the same type of cancer cells as the skin cancer which had spread internally. Quite possibly this is the case with JC especially since he is a non-smoker?

Hope it isn't the case. Cancer can appear as a primary cancer (lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, etc) or it can be metastatic cancer (spread from elsewhere). When lance Armstrong had testicular cancer, it spread to his brain and lungs but it was still testicular cancer. If you biopsied the cells they would show up as testicular tissue growing on the lung not (primary) lung cancer ( brain, lungs, bone, liver and lymphatic system usually the places it spreads to first depending on the cancer)
My point is that when they grade cancer in stages, by the time it spreads in the lymph/blood stream to distant locations (like the lung) that would be considered stage 4 (in his case, I believe it was squamous carcinoma or sarcoma)'
As sad is it is, it might be better for his health if a stage 1 lung tumor was removed as opposed to stage 4 skin cancer on his lungs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom