Calcaterra family enjoys storybook finish | The Boneyard

Calcaterra family enjoys storybook finish

Reaction Score

-> March Madness took on a new dimension for Rich Calcaterra, '84, and his family this year. The former Rockhurst shooting guard traveled all over the country to watch his youngest son, Joey, play for the University of Connecticut in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament… <-

Reaction Score
Rich only missed a couple of Joey's games at UConn last season. "Connecticut made for a lot of long trips from California," said Rich. "The Big East played games on Wednesday and Saturday, so I would fly in Tuesday, go to the game Wednesday, fly back home on Thursday, and then fly back out to the East Coast on Friday.”

5F38F9C3-DBA6-4D02-8647-BEBBA185E00D.gif

Reaction Score
Rich only missed a couple of Joey's games at UConn last season. "Connecticut made for a lot of long trips from California," said Rich. "The Big East played games on Wednesday and Saturday, so I would fly in Tuesday, go to the game Wednesday, fly back home on Thursday, and then fly back out to the East Coast on Friday.”

View attachment 88932
There was an article during the season, I think it was in the New Haven Register, about the family's travels to watch Joey play. His father traveled the most and still did his job.

Found it.

Alternate access:

‘Huge impact’: What Joey Calcaterra's father has seen in son’s one season with UConn men's basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom