Cal Bears' new uni's | The Boneyard

Cal Bears' new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally I don't love the bear logo. It is a little too busy I think, but over all I like this. What is with the frontal view of team logos these days? It works with some but not all. I don't love it with this one. I guess the bear paw was being done by everyone, so that made it necessary to change.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Like the shadow bear on the shoulder and the bear badge on the pants. Not sure how I feel about being part of an interchangable Nike uni-format.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that we will have the frontal view logo also

Reaction Score
BERKELEY, Calif. -- California's new look on the football field will go beyond first-year coach Sonny Dykes' innovative Bear Raid offense.

"Bear Raid" offense?

cal_hdr_launch.png

They could have stuck with the script "California", too. There are some cool designs, but I think Nike went overboard here.

800px-Script_California.svg.png

That would have fit in perfectly. No need to change it. If they wanted to change that wordmark, they should have dropped the script "Cal", IMO. I can understand the script "Cal" being a logo, too. But to have two different fonts is going too far.

Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about being part of an interchangable Nike uni-format.

Agreed, I hope it's not a cookie cutter template for the uniforms...insert new logo...ta daaa, new uni's!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
color scheme is very good, logo is ok.

Reaction Score
I hope you guys like what you see....

Nike redesigns this spring are all quite similar.

Reaction Score
And by quite similar I mean virtually identical.

To which ones? All three (Oregon State, UGA and Cal) have looked significantly different to me. They all look "Nike", but all have a lot of different accents. I would hope we get a couple unique ones as well.

Reaction Score
To which ones? All three (Oregon State, UGA and Cal) have looked significantly different to me. They all look "Nike", but all have a lot of different accents. I would hope we get a couple unique ones as well.
UGA and Cal both have logos with direct frontal views. I am assuming that is what he means.

Reaction Score
It's pretty impossible to describe until you see it. But when you see it you'll understand. The style is very uniform.

Reaction Score
It's pretty impossible to describe until you see it. But when you see it you'll understand. The style is very uniform.

u telling us you've seen a glimpse of our new digs????

Reaction Score
I think I know what you mean...there are maybe 2 or 3 basic prototypes. They just pick A, B or C and apply your school colors...so if the Cal uniforms are Prototype B, and UConn is also a B, Whatever is gold becomes white, the logo is in the same spot but it's a husky, not a bear, and the grey trim is grey trim...

Reaction Score
Agreed, I hope it's not a cookie cutter template for the uniforms...insert new logo...ta daaa, new uni's!

The logos themselves so far are inserted into a preconceived shape. We've seen this with the Buffalo Sabres. They stuck a Buffalo inside the Elvis Patriots shape and it looked like a slug, just like they stuck a Beaver inside an acorn for Oregon State. The Bear here continues the theme.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we'll end up with some whacky 3rd uniform out of this. I noticed OSU has a black, and orange and a white shirt. Cal has blue, gold and white. of course neither one has white in their base colors and you need white for road games.

Reaction Score
I....I can live with that.

I'm not going to say I love it, but it's better than I thought they'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom