Caitlin Clark in Thanksgiving Tourney - Good or Bad Call | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark in Thanksgiving Tourney - Good or Bad Call

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was discussed but the video showed up on my Google Chrome feed this morning. Mods - please delete this thread if it is inappropriate.
Were the refs right with their after review decision or is the announcer correct with her initial commentary?
Personally, I think it was a flagrant foul especially when it was the second time she did it on the same play.

Reaction Score
1). I'm not clear on the difference between intentional and flagrant, but assessing the technical was correct. There will be those who will ask why she wasn't ejected, but I don't think it falls in that category.

2). The female announcer "defending" Clark made me cringe a bit. I get the point, but it doesn't give her a pass with respect to the frustration point in my opinion. You're under more scrutiny and many on this board say you should act accordingly. Do we not understand she's human? Of course we do, but there still are expectations. It comes off as a double standard as others don't get that same amount of grace.

3). Lastly, loved the caption "the announcer isn't paying attention". That part was hilarious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
eating-popcorn-pocorn.gif

Reaction Score
For the second year in a row, I'd rather not face Clark in an elimination game. For the second year in a row, it's because of the three adults with whistles, not the five women in uniform.

Aliyah Boston was beat up much more than Clark for four years, including against Iowa. She never did this. If she did, I doubt the announcers would have reacted the same way.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If I had the whistle, I would have called that a flagrant foul. When you watch it in fast or slow motion, that fits the bill. She tried to get away with it because it was far away from the ball.

Reaction Score
For the second year in a row, I'd rather not face Clark in an elimination game. For the second year in a row, it's because of the three adults with whistles, not the five women in uniform.

Aliyah Boston was beat up much more than Clark for four years, including against Iowa. She never did this. If she did, I doubt the announcers would have reacted the same way.
Some would argue the opposite about Boston , and she decked her share of people with swinging elbows! Most fans are convinced their teams/players get shafted by refs. IMO, Clark was wrong just as wrong as PB was wrong to yank down the NC State player.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Some would argue the opposite about Boston , and she decked her share of people with swinging elbows! Most fans are convinced their teams/players get shafted by refs. IMO, Clark was wrong just as wrong as PB was wrong to yank down the NC State player.
Agreed. Boston more than got her fair share of calls. I've never heard anyone attack Aliyah's character or really say anything negative about her other than she plays physical basketball. She's always had a good attitude in games and seems like a genuine sweet person off the court.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If I had the whistle, I would have called that a flagrant foul. When you watch it in fast or slow motion, that fits the bill. She tried to get away with it because it was far away from the ball.
I don't think she was trying to get away with anything, it was a blatant frustration foul. Nothing sneaky about it. And it was reported as an intentional foul, but isn't that the same as a flagrant 1? 2 FTs and ball back to the opponent.

Reaction Score
People argue all sorts of silly things, but no one in touch with reality would say Caitlyn Clark takes more physical pounding than Aliyah Boston did. If you have a game where she lost her temper and shoved a girl to the ground, please share.

Reaction Score
People argue all sorts of silly things, but no one in touch with reality would say Caitlyn Clark takes more physical pounding than Aliyah Boston did. If you have a game where she lost her temper and shoved a girl to the ground, please share.

I think they were using the Boston reference as an example instead of a claim of malfeasance. That's how it came across to me at least.

Reaction Score
Semifinals of the 2023 NCAAs McKenna Warnock towards the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Semifinals of the 2023 NCAAs McKenna Warnock towards the end of the game.
I think this was a trick to force me to rewatch the final 3 minutes of that game. There's nothing in that incident at 1:10:48 but weight room.

I see why an Iowa fan would want a foul, but that is absolutely nothing like what Caitlyn Clark did in this incident. If this is the best you've got, it just reinforces my "Aliyah Boston never did anything like this."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom