C. Vivian Stringer to miss season over COVID concerns | The Boneyard

C. Vivian Stringer to miss season over COVID concerns

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did our resident Rutgers fans already know this?

Article says she hasn't been with the team since April.

"Team spokesman Matt Choquette said last month when the coach skipped Big Ten media day that Stringer was worried about the lack of testing this season compared with last season, the highly contagious nature of the delta variant and her desire not to transmit the disease to her 40-year-old daughter, who has required special care since contracting spinal meningitis at age 2."​

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Yes, we've known she was away from the team.

I personally don't see her coming back after the season either. But we'll wait and see, I guess.

Reaction Score
I have wondered for a few seasons now why CVS still continues to coach. I've often thought this when other coaches who are advanced in age continue to coach their teams with no signs of turning over the reins (think Bowden and Paterno in football). CVS is a legend and has been a force in the game for many years but while she's been the head coach it appears others have been running the program daily for sometime. The health of she and her daughter are of the utmost importance over the game itself but it would seem to me it would be wise for all parties to let her continue to have a role if she chooses but have a new head coach who is able to be present.

COVID has thrown off everything for going on two years so I get these are unusual circumstances but I just think it's time for the university to think about the next direction of the program.

Reaction Score
CVS
98-09: 11/12 NCAAs with 8 sweet16s, 26-11
10-21: 6/11 NCAAs with 0 sweet16, 2-6

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member