C. Viv. Returns | The Boneyard

C. Viv. Returns

Reaction Score
Welcome back to the fray, Coach.

Rutgers Hall of Famer Stringer returns from leave
9:27 AM ET ESPN News Service

Hall of Fame coach C. Vivian Stringer, who left the Rutgers program in February for an unspecified health-related issue, has returned to the Scarlet Knights and "looks great," athletic director Pat Hobbs said Thursday.

The 71-year-old Stringer, who left with two weeks remaining in the regular season, originally said she'd return for the postseason. However, she stayed on leave, on advice from doctors, while assistant Tim Eatman served as acting coach for the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.

"She's back," Hobbs told NJ Advance Media on Thursday. "She looks great. ... There's no one more looking forward to walking into the RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance Center than C. Vivian Stringer.''

MORE

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very glad to here this. A few of where really worried about her. A 21 win season and C.Viv will move into 4th place all time behind only Geno, Tara & Pat.

Reaction Score
I hope CVS has a great year and is able to leave on her terms when it's time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really did not expect this, for a few reasons. Good for her.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize she's 71, for some reason I thought she was closer to Geno's age. Anyway glad her health is good enough for her to resume coaching and hopefully it stays that way.

Reaction Score
71 is too old to coach in today's world. Let some younger person a chance to show what they can do. There are not that many head coach openings. If she cared about giving younger women an opportunity she should retire and give one of them the opportunity of taking her job. Never thought that much of her as a coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom