Not open for further replies.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Can't teach 7'

That said, here's the offer list according to 247:
Screenshot_2019-03-28-19-33-53.jpg

Reaction Score
Really not much out there about him. This was the best (most recent) info I could find: Unsigned Senior Spotlight: 6'11 Derrick Quansah - Phenom Hoop Report

A year ago, when Quansah first got here, he was tall and not very coordinated. In only a year’s time, he has worked himself into becoming a Division 1 prospect. He spent the summer working out with David West, which was sure to help. If he continues on this steep incline between now and this time next year, watch out. He is a 10+ rebound and 5+ block guy right now.

Seems like a late adopter and the kind of big that might struggle with foul trouble at the next level. Definitely a project but who knows, kid is totally off the radar so he could be a nice surprise.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Those offers scare me.
Having said that, I'm at the point with big men where we just need guys with beef who are coachable and can hold their own on both ends.
Still the grad transfer for 2019/go for Omoruyi or something next year sounds like a more appealing and likely option.

Reaction Score
Do we have 1 or 2 more scholarships left for '19? Probably not going to get anything more than a project big at this point so worth a look I suppose

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I know we need size, but stockpiling project and low-rated bigs is how we ended up in this situation in the first place.
There are projects, and then there are projects. Not all are the same. Identifying his potential, his ceiling, and how quickly he can get there is one of the reasons Hurley gets paid.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If this kid can be like Brimah on the defensive end, I'm all in. I'm confident that this staff would develop his offensive game much better than the staff with Brimah.

Need a viable backup for Carlton. I think foul trouble is going to be the story of his career. He's going to be a great player, but I think foul trouble haunts him.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can take anything from his video's regarding skill set with that said he seems to have a high motor and soft hands. He doesn't look 7ft to me either. Looks like he is very athletic. Definitely a project but high motor, soft hands, competitiveness of the way he throws down. I'd say I'll leave this one to the professionals and be excited if they decide to sign him at the upside while not disappointed if we go in a different direction.

Reaction Score
If this kid can be like Brimah on the defensive end, I'm all in. I'm confident that this staff would develop his offensive game much better than the staff with Brimah.

Need a viable backup for Carlton. I think foul trouble is going to be the story of his career. He's going to be a great player, but I think foul trouble haunts him.

Carlton averaged 3.1 fouls per game he's fine. He actually seemed to get more respect from the stripes when he started playing better and they let some contact go which in the past he was called for.

As for the Brimah thoughts, and it's on other replies too, leave it alone. He still stinks offensively and if anyone understands basketball it's because of his bball IQ nothing more. Hurley and staff wold've felt the same pain KO and staff felt with this guy. Have to be able to learn and bring it to the game with people guarding you, not just show it in practice or in drills. Bad hands, slow to know what he's going to do with the ball no natural instincts which is not coachable for the most part. He was what he was and is still with NBA coaching. Sick of hearing this its laughable. Not saying others could've used better coaching during KO's time but this one just didn't matter.

So if his 7 footer has an IQ and is coachable I'm all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom