BYU's tv deal threatening to kill Big East negotiations | The Boneyard

BYU's tv deal threatening to kill Big East negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/52965117-88/byu-east-deal-espn.html.csp

Provo • Brigham Young University’s existing television contracts as a football independent are snagging negotiations with the Big East Conference for BYU to join that league’s proposed western division as a football-only member and are threatening to kill the deal altogether, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

The deal is not dead, sources insist, but does not look as likely as it did last Tuesday when The Tribune first reported that BYU was close to joining the Big East in football along with Boise State and, possibly, Air Force.

Reaction Score
BYU would be nice but they are not a deal breaker for me. If we can't make it work go with SDSU and call it a day.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
BYU shouldn't be a deal breaker but the remainder of BE expansion is evidenly on hold until this portion is completed.

From day one (when the departure of Cuse and Pitt was nnounced) until less than two weeks ago Navy was well on the wrong side of the fence. A couple of weeks back their interest sounded very encouraging (and they happen to be a major lynchpin in the entirety of our expansion) so of course we do not strike while the iron is hot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually, BYU should be a deal breaker.

Out of all the non-BCS AQ teams they have the best history and the biggest fan base nationally. It's a school with multiple AA's, Heisman winners, a bigger fan base than any BE school and more national recognition.

Get UCF, Houston, SMU, BYU, BSU. That gets us to ten. I'd prefer to see Navy and AFA. I still think ECU is worth grabbing if for no other reason to have a footprint in NoCarolina.

Reaction Score

Out of all the non-BCS AQ teams they have the best history and the biggest fan base nationally. It's a school with multiple AA's, Heisman winners, a bigger fan base than any BE school and more national recognition.

Get UCF, Houston, SMU, BYU, BSU. That gets us to ten. I'd prefer to see Navy and AFA. I still think ECU is worth grabbing if for no other reason to have a footprint in NoCarolina.

Actually that's a pretty decent league. Why not just stick to 10 teams (9 conference games), that way we will play BYU and BSU and have a trip to FL and TX annually.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Actually that's a pretty decent league. Why not just stick to 10 teams (9 conference games), that way we will play BYU and BSU and have a trip to FL and TX annually.

I think that's the first announcement.

Then they can look at the 11/12 situation and conference game as a second announcement.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

So if we don't get BYU, what do you suggest?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We have to #BegBYUHarder? Promise them we won't buy tickets to Book of Mormon on Broadway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom