BYU? | The Boneyard

BYU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't see BYU joining. I think if they were really serious about joining a conference they would have made the Big12 happen.

Reaction Score
I don't think the B12 really wants them. I have a funny feeling this will end up happening. Since they are indy, they can join for next year no problem. Navy could too. We might need one more to come next season for the BCS requirements so I'm not sure who that would be.

With Boise St. and BYU we would be a much improved football conference.

Reaction Score
BYU would be a great addition. Give them a sweetheart deal if that is what it takes.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't claim to know all of BYU's motivations, but having talked it over with a BYU alum, their Mormon mission is first and foremost. His thinking was that they would be just fine as an independant and airing games via their BYU network. Granted, much has changed since I had this discussion... but whatever decision they make will be to maximize spreading their word.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't claim to know all of BYU's motivations, but having talked it over with a BYU alum, their Mormon mission is first and foremost. His thinking was that they would be just fine as an independant and airing games via their BYU network. Granted, much has changed since I had this discussion... but whatever decision they make will be to maximize spreading their word.

Please stop trying to talk sense into people. BYU cares more about rebroadcasting their games all over the world than they do the BCS.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU is a colossal pain in the butt to deal with, even by their own booster's accounts. The Big East can cut deals that no one else will, and gives them a better schedule.

Reaction Score

There you go! Big East concession....15 minute Bible Study at halftime! Boom!

Reaction Score
If BYU is a possibility I think the BE would be wise to keep it quiet for as long as possible. I would hate to see them pull a TCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom