BYU to MWC rumors return | The Boneyard

BYU to MWC rumors return

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Uconn. Temple,Memphis & Cincy should join the MWC in football and the Catholics for all sports.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Why would BYU rejoin. It makes zero sense. I think these guys are dreaming. What are they going to offer BYU-the rights to all their games?

Reaction Score
Uconn. Temple,Memphis & Cincy should join the MWC in football and the Catholics for all sports.

Why would the MWC want them?

If MWC lands BYU, it becomes roughly FB comparable to the ACC.
Add Houston & SMU and they got feet in both CA & TX recruiting.

Reaction Score

No they shouldn't. If the Eastern and Western schools really want to band together to create the "best of the rest" and get any decent return they need to cut loose any of the dead weight already in the MWC or in the new Big East Conglomeration.

For example Is there any value in Wyoming? Not likely.

If it were me and we were talking all sports, I'd pull the best 9 in the East and the best 9 in the West. Football plays 8 divisional games and 2 cross-overs to the other division (2 games can be filled through the power conferences or scrubs). Basketball, 16 games in division and 4 cross-over games. Olympic sports 16 divisional games and 0 cross-over prior to the conference tournament.

East:
UConn
Temple
UCF
USF
Cincy
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Tulsa/ECU/ODU

West:
Boist St
San Diego St
BYU
Fresno St
UNLV
Colorado St
New Mexico
Nevada
Air Force/Hawaii/Tulsa/San Jose St

Culls the herd would be solid for all sports, eastern and western divisions mitigate travel and all schools are pulling in the same direction.

---

Absent this, I'd like to see UConn in a conference where everyone is pulling in the same direction, meaning UConn probably stays with the Big East Conglomeration:
UConn
Temple
Cincy
USF
UCF
ECU
Tulane
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Army - FB Only
Navy - FB Only

Reaction Score
Why would BYU rejoin. It makes zero sense. I think these guys are dreaming. What are they going to offer BYU-the rights to all their games?

I think the bigger question is why wouldn't they? BYU has some odd goals, which are not always money driven. That said, when Boise State rejoined the Mountain West, the rules were changed to help out the "better" schools and that would really allow BYU to get the best of both worlds.

The Boise state deal with the MW states that the conference will sell Boise State games separately (although all the revenues go to the conference) and also set up a payment system that significantly rewards appearing on national TV and in major bowls. Provided that BYU also sells their rights separate, the same benefits in place will help them as much as Boise.

Reaction Score
Why would the MWC want them?

If MWC lands BYU, it becomes roughly FB comparable to the ACC.
Add Houston & SMU and they got feet in both CA & TX recruiting.

The truth is the MWC has always been very weak for football. This is why the top teams always had pristine records.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
If it were me and we were talking all sports, I'd pull the best 9 in the East and the best 9 in the West.

East:
UConn
Temple
UCF
USF
Cincy
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Tulsa/ECU/ODU

West:
Boist St
San Diego St
BYU
Fresno St
UNLV
Colorado St
New Mexico
Nevada
Air Force/Hawaii/Tulsa/San Jose St

I like this except it has to be Navy in the east and Air Force in the west. Navy has as good a chance of competing in all sports in the long term as UCF, USF, SMU, or Houston, despite the difference in the size of the schools, IMO.

This arrangement is also much more stable against further realignment (hint: UConn leaving!) as there are schools that can be easily added on both coasts.

Too bad the school presidents won't have the foresight to make it happen. C'est la vie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom