BYU suspends a starting receiver for UConn game | The Boneyard

BYU suspends a starting receiver for UConn game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BYU wide receiver Devon Blackmon announced that he is suspended for the first game for breaking team rules. He said it was for wearing earrings but if that was the only thing he was suspended for it would be a first for BYU to do that. Most fans speculate it was for something else but Blackmon is theone who made the announcement. BYU will not respond to the reason for the suspensions of players but if the player wishes to release something to the press they can.

With the players who have been suspended or injured for this contest, my confidence on the ability of us giving the Huskies a good game is waning.

Reaction Score
BYU wide receiver Devon Blackmon announced that he is suspended for the first game for breaking team rules. He said it was for wearing earrings but if that was the only thing he was suspended for it would be a first for BYU to do that. Most fans speculate it was for something else but Blackmon is theone who made the announcement. BYU will not respond to the reason for the suspensions of players but if the player wishes to release something to the press they can.

With the players who have been suspended or injured for this contest, my confidence on the ability of us giving the Huskies a good game is waning.

When did you guys hire Randy Edsall?

Reaction Score
We're down our starting RB and now 2 WRs, both have been tearing it up in fall camp. Nick Kurtz was hurt a few days ago and will be out 6-8 weeks. Devon Blackmon is just suspended for the opening game. Both receivers are new to our team but they each have plenty of speed and Kurtz has height as well, 6'6". First games always scare me anyway but less so when we're at full strength. I hope we can give a good accounting of ourselves at the Rent

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We're down our starting RB and now 2 WRs, both have been tearing it up in fall camp. Nick Kurtz was hurt a few days ago and will be out 6-8 weeks. Devon Blackmon is just suspended for the opening game. Both receivers are new to our team but they each have plenty of speed and Kurtz has height as well, 6'6". First games always scare me anyway but less so when we're at full strength. I hope we can give a good accounting of ourselves at the Rent

reverse+psychology+parenting.jpg

Reaction Score
When did you guys hire Randy Edsall?
I suppose this Edsall character must have been a negative influence on the Huskies, is that right? Sorry but I dont know him so I can't contribute to the implied joke but maybe one of our staff is a relative. You know, mormons and all those wives you hear about, maybe thats how his jinx snuck in. :-P

Reaction Score
We're down our starting RB and now 2 WRs, both have been tearing it up in fall camp. Nick Kurtz was hurt a few days ago and will be out 6-8 weeks. Devon Blackmon is just suspended for the opening game. Both receivers are new to our team but they each have plenty of speed and Kurtz has height as well, 6'6". First games always scare me anyway but less so when we're at full strength. I hope we can give a good accounting of ourselves at the Rent[/QUOTE
I suppose this Edsall character must have been a negative influence on the Huskies, is that right? Sorry but I dont know him so I can't contribute to the implied joke but maybe one of our staff is a relative. You know, mormons and all those wives you hear about, maybe thats how his jinx snuck in. :-P

Don't bite guys...husky nation-Don't bite-let this thread go---sounds like I need to grab the 17 points now.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I came across as a troller or something but everything I said in my posts is honestly what I mean (with tbe exception of multiple wives, I know, and hope you know that isn't so).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Does the Mormon religion have a sect that believes in multiple wives ONLY if they all live in their own separate homes, at least 10 miles away from my house?

I'd sign up for that.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's an inside joke. Edsall did not allow players to wear "doo rags".

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
BYU's QB is still the best QB we will face all season. There may be a few plays that he and his receivers aren't on the same page. Hope we can take advantage of those moments and force some turnovers or negative plays in big spots. I still think BYU has enough firepower to pull away late but this game is certainly not going to be a 17 point blowout either way.

Reaction Score
Does the Mormon religion have a sect that believes in multiple wives ONLY if they all live in their own separate homes, at least 10 miles away from my house?

I'd sign up for that.

Nope, sorry. Back in the 1800s when they had more than one wife they did have to have seperate homes for each of them. On a personal note my great-great-grandfather had 36 kids. He must have died young with a smile so permanently on his face the undertaker never could get it off.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are seeing what I was talking about with the BYU fans coming onto your board and talking so much trash.

Almost all of BYU's starters are going to suspended so UCONN will win.

Another thing I can promise BYU fans is Utah State will beat you this year. It's the Aggies year and as long as BYU doesn't cause any injuries Utah State will put BYU in its place again.

Reaction Score
BYU fans talking trash? All I see are Utah and Utah State trolls. I'm sure the Husky fans are left scratching their heads over such a ridiculous display of little brotherness.

As for Utah State beating BYU this year? We'd have to see something completely different than this:

Reaction Score
@KC

BYU fans won't admit to how competitive the series is with Utah State and how frightened they are when they play. BYU students and fans rush the field when they beat Utah State like they did in 2011 like it was the Super Bowl. They can't stand the idea of losing to a state school especially a state school inside Utah [state school haters first, BYU fans second]. There's a reason one of BYU's star quarterbacks went on for several minutes in front of the media about how bad he hates the state schools and how classless they are and BYU still quote him years and years later.

Reaction Score
That's perfect, Andee! Thanks for bringing up the 2010 game. I certainly haven't forgotten about it - being the second time Utah State has beaten BYU since 1983. In fact, I was just thinking about that game this morning after reading your posts about BYU here on a UCONN HUSKY board. I decided that I'm glad you got that win. In fact, I hope USU continues to win at the same rate - about once every 12 years. It's more fun when the Aggie fans are delusional enough to think they are going to win. Near the end of that 12 year run you go back to just being sullen and angry, but gifting you an occasional win immediately turns you back into irrational chest thumpers for a few seasons.

Yes, I remember that game. Our defensive coordinator was pouting and refused to call anything but base coverage for the 2nd half of the game. As you will recall, he was fired before BYU even left the locker room that night. Losing to USU is just inexcusable.

Now that we've established your little brother status, I'm done arguing with you. I feel bad that I've wasted Husky bandwidth on this petty argument, and I apologize to our hosts on this board. I'm looking forward to our upcoming season opener, and I'm sure the Huskies will provide great competition.

Reaction Score
@KC

Fine but you know I'm right. If anyone asked you who you would not be able to stand to lose to this season, your first response would be Utah State! It's a BYU fans worst nightmare to lose to state schools in Utah and we've been in your head since 2010 and even 2011 when we outplayed BYU for almost the whole game and only lost when our coaching staff went conservative. BYU's only won because of injuries since then.

This season, it can't be denied. It's lined up perfect. BYU is out of sorts. The most important thing though is Chuckie will be back and he won't be taken out of the game this year. Our coaches are smarter then to let that happen again.

YES, I am GUARANTEEING that Utah State will beat BYU in Provo this year. GUARANTEE!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'd sign up for that.
No they don't. The wives all live in the same house but it's usually a larger house separated into different section so there is some separation there.

Reaction Score
BYU's QB is still the best QB we will face all season. There may be a few plays that he and his receivers aren't on the same page. Hope we can take advantage of those moments and force some turnovers or negative plays in big spots. I still think BYU has enough firepower to pull away late but this game is certainly not going to be a 17 point blowout either way.
Shane Carden, ECU might be better than Tasom
http://www.witn.com/sports/headlines/ECUs-Carden-On-Manning-Watch-List--271321201.html?device=tablet

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
@KC

Fine but you know I'm right. If anyone asked you who you would not be able to stand to lose to this season, your first response would be Utah State! It's a BYU fans worst nightmare to lose to state schools in Utah and we've been in your head since 2010 and even 2011 when we outplayed BYU for almost the whole game and only lost when our coaching staff went conservative. BYU's only won because of injuries since then.

This season, it can't be denied. It's lined up perfect. BYU is out of sorts. The most important thing though is Chuckie will be back and he won't be taken out of the game this year. Our coaches are smarter then to let that happen again.

YES, I am GUARANTEEING that Utah State will beat BYU in Provo this year. GUARANTEE!

Hey Andie. Shut up. Really Shut up. You can't be that stupid, can you?

Reaction Score
I wish there was something as BYU fans could do to apologize for bringing stupid fans like ageeandee to your board. He will leave after we play on the 29th. Then he'll move on to Texas. When you're a fan of a program like USU the only way anyone talks about you because of your miserable past is to do what he's doing. You can see the level of the education he got from that cow school by simply reading his posts. Again, I'm sorry we drag this type of biological waste before we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom