BYU May have interest in Big 12 | The Boneyard

BYU May have interest in Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know it's kind of funny that nobody wants thee schools until it looks like the Big East is going to salvage itself. then all of a sudden the attitude changes. If you ask me there is a freaking hugs amount of collusion going on to make sure the Big East cannot sign a new contract..

Reaction Score
You know it's kind of funny that nobody wants thee schools until it looks like the Big East is going to salvage itself. then all of a sudden the attitude changes. If you ask me there is a freaking huge amount of collusion going on to make sure the Big East cannot sign a new contract..
Interesting point. I'm not quite there, but it is interesting. I'm not there with Syracuse and Pitt, because Syracuse wanted in for a long time, and basically, why would anyone actually refuse an invite to one of the Big 5 conferences? Boise isn't going to say no to a Big 12 invite, and I'd actually rather see the B12 invite Boise and BYU rather than Louisville and WVU.

Reaction Score
I think it would be bad for BYU if they went the Big 12 route.

Once their players get a look at those Texas sweethearts half their team would get suspended for getting laid.

Reaction Score

Once their players get a look at those Texas sweethearts half their team would get suspended for getting laid.
LOL!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I would wager far more than half and I wouldn't put it past UT boosters to pimp out hostesses to get the entire BYU roster suspended.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I think the report on the TV partners was correct. BYU is a nuisance to work with and is a competitive national network even if their coverage of the MWC is small potatoes compared to estbalished giants.

Telling ESPN the days they will and won't play is a nuisance as is the demand to control some of their own games, get unlimited reruns the next day, and bid against ESPN for other contracts

Reaction Score
Interesting point. I'm not quite there, but it is interesting. I'm not there with Syracuse and Pitt, because Syracuse wanted in for a long time, and basically, why would anyone actually refuse an invite to one of the Big 5 conferences? Boise isn't going to say no to a Big 12 invite, and I'd actually rather see the B12 invite Boise and BYU rather than Louisville and WVU.

Me too. If those are the scenarios I would give up Boise in a heartbeat if it means holding onto WVU and Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom