BYU is confident, possibly too confident... | The Boneyard

BYU is confident, possibly too confident...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Aren't nunchucks against a violation of BYU's honor code? And how hard is it to be on the All-Independent Team? There's only 4 teams!

I hope Stewart busts this kid in the chops...legally, of course.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BYU by 28? Bite me.

Reaction Score
This is an exceptionally well spoken young man. Thoughtful, articulate, nice sense of humor, I would love our guys to come across this well.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hine sounded pretty level headed and even keeled. The yahoo that predicted 28 is another story. I also found the blond commentator to be a little squirrelly. Whatever.
#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
Agreed. Had the interviewer not brought it up he wouldn't have said anything. Likable kid. Wish him the best (after our game, of course).

Reaction Score
I don't know how much has been said here about BYU's linebacker group. We had a very good defensive end last year that we moved to linebacker (he lost 25 pounds to do it) and we have a very experienced outside LB on the other side. One is 6-8 and one is 6-5. Our inside linebackers are talented but generally inexperienced. Here's an interview with Bronson Kaufusi from before fall camp started. You can skip the first 3 minutes or so of banter to get to discussion of the linebackers for this year.

Reaction Score
We are so honored and humbled to be on the same field with the great talents from BYU. Everybody knows that we are DOOMED !!!

Reaction Score
The guy that made the outlandish prediction is a former player - not on the team this year.

Reaction Score
Bronson is another well spoken guy. I would hate to debate this team.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't think they have any idea what they'll face in terms of intensity.

If it is anything like our old days, they will be in for a rude awakening. The one thing that EVERY team we played walked away with was "holy . These guys from CT are kickers." Even at our worst, we summoned our lunch pail warrior heritage to battle Michigan to the brink.

Reaction Score
I don't think they have any idea what they'll face in terms of intensity.

If it is anything like our old days, they will be in for a rude awakening. The one thing that EVERY team we played walked away with was "holy . These guys from CT are a kickers." Even at our worst, we summoned our lunch pail warrior heritage to battle Michigan to the brink.
That may be

Reaction Score
They are ridiculously overconfident. Even Michigan didn't think they would win be 28 last season.

Reaction Score
I like their confidence. But I like our abilities on the football field at home (especially on defense) as well. Yeah, we have a new coach, but we don't get run off the field at home. we just don't.. It ain't happening on Friday...

Reaction Score
I don't get the sense that BYU nation is overconfident going into this game. Our cougars lost to a dreadful Virginia team on the road in our season opener last year. We remember the sting of that game poignantly. Overall, I think BYU fans expect a tough game from your huskies on Friday. You can bet the cougar team and coaching staff won't be taking your club lightly either. We know your guys will come out of the locker room ready to play. It will be a fight. If I were a betting man there's no way I'd bet on my cougars to cover the spread.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't get the sense that BYU nation is overconfident going into this game. Our cougars lost to a dreadful Virginia team on the road in our season opener last year. We remember the sting of that game poignantly. Overall, I think BYU fans expect a tough game from your huskies on Friday. You can bet the cougar team and coaching staff won't be taking your club lightly either. We know your guys will come out of the locker room ready to play. It will be a fight. If I were a betting man there's no way I'd bet on my cougars to cover the spread.
I love when fans speak for their teams' players. I try not to, but many in each fan base do, including ours. Mendenhall has started six of his nine seasons with a 1-2 record. From what has been written on this board and from what I've read out of Utah, BYU fans are absolutely over confident. You don't have the first clue what the team is feeling or how they are going to react.

Reaction Score
I love when fans speak for their teams' players. I try not to, but many in each fan base do, including ours. Mendenhall has started six of his nine seasons with a 1-2 record. From what has been written on this board and from what I've read out of Utah, BYU fans are absolutely over confident. You don't have the first clue what the team is feeling or how they are going to react.

Actually, I do have a pretty good idea regarding the mindset of BYU's team going into the game this weekend. I personally know a number of current players on BYUs roster (Bronson Kafusi, Mike Alisa, Craig Bills, Chris Badger, Colby Jorgensen and Mitch Mathews)...I promise they aren't taking UConn lightly. I can assure you they remember last season's road opener very clearly, and they're very, very determined to avoid a first game let down again this year.

That's not to say that BYU is going to win, but, if my cougars end up getting beat, it won't be due to overconfidence. It will be because UConn played better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom