BYU AD talks about scheduling as a football independent | The Boneyard

BYU AD talks about scheduling as a football independent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's interesting if you look at the schedule which is cited in this article, http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/57594421-65/byu-schedule-sept-espn.html.csp , the only two BYU games identified as being on ESPN are against UConn and Houston. I wonder if this has anything to do with the increased national exposure we are supposed to be getting under the AAC television contract and ESPN's efforts to kill two birds with one stone by televising BYU versus AAC matchups.

Or it could just be a coincidence.

Reaction Score
He also said he expects conference realignment to continue. He thinks every conference will need a championship game (B12) to increase their odds of making it to the playoff. Hopefully this doesn't mean just Cincy and UCF or BYU bolt and thats it.

Reaction Score
WVU signals eastward expansion. UCF and USF are shoo-ins. Cincinnati is possible. So if the Big 12 wants to go to 16 (and they do own the rights to the name the "Big 16"), they can add UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, and BYU/Tulane/SMU/Houston. That would be interesting.

I think the SEC will add either UNC/Duke or NC State/VA Tech. A door will open for us somewhere. Inevitable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WVU signals eastward expansion. UCF and USF are shoo-ins. Cincinnati is possible. So if the Big 12 wants to go to 16 (and they do own the rights to the name the "Big 16"), they can add UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, and BYU/Tulane/SMU/Houston. That would be interesting.

I think the SEC will add either UNC/Duke or NC State/VA Tech. A door will open for us somewhere. Inevitable.

20 minutes

Reaction Score

I don't see how anyone would be leaving the ACC anytime soon, with the GOR in place for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom