Byron Jones | The Boneyard

Byron Jones

Reaction Score
Anyways...

As a Cowboys fan, regarding that tough loss to GB yesterday, If I could take back one play call on defense it would be the package we had vs. Discount Double Check and company on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in regulation, ball on their 30 or 35 (I forget now)... BLITZ....
Marinelli should've sent the kitchen sink on his a**... Take another shot at knocking Rogers on his a** like the play before that resulted in a sack for a 10 yr loss... You can't let him play like a ballerina dancer back there in zone coverages... He sees the field way too good for that...

With all that said.. Go ATL! You now have the blueprint... Gotta blitz him and knock him around on 3rd and long situations... Can't let him sit back there all day like that... You're the last hope... And it's about time you bring a ring to ATL anyways.. No more Pitt, no more NE, and no more Discount Double Check..

Step up Matty Ice!

Reaction Score
Good year for The 'boys. Yesterday left me a just a little deflated.
That was one hell of a throw by Rogers and a really perfect catch by Cook(?). That was the difference.

When Dallas missed that 3rd and short to set up a long field goal, had a feeling there was too much time left. Rogers has that it factor to make things happen.

Big step forward this year though for the team. Glad the Tony Romo era is over and excited to see how well Dak does in his second year when people expect to win.

Go Cowboys!

Reaction Score
I was thrilled Pack held on. Cowboys are in my top 3 of least favorite teams, love when Jerry Jones loses.

Some take sways from the game:

• There is not a better passer in the league then Aaron Rodgers. Not even debateable.
  • The poise of Dak Prescott is amazing. Wonder why the Cowboys don't utilize his running ability more. He is a keeper. He threw the int to Hyde which would have rattled any other rookie qb and it didn't faze him.
  • Packers pass blocking is best in league.
  • Cowboys offensive line rivals their Stepnoski, Newton, Gogan, Tunei, Erik Williams/Larry Allen lines (I need a new hobby I did not even look that up). I mean they were pancaking Packers left and right. Zeke is a solid back but a ton of credit needs to go to the line. Not many better than Smith, Martin (who destroyed defenders when he pulled) and Frederick.
  • Nick Perry is a monster. No idea where this season came from.
  • Julius Peppers is ageless
  • Cannot get over how solid Ty Montgomery is at RB. Can't wait until he has full offseason to learn even more.

Reaction Score
Thank God I was never (ever ever ever) a Jerry Jones fan.. Just a Cowbys fan... He lost my respect 20 plus years ago when his ego allowed him to let Jimmy Johnson walk...

And Thank God all he is is the owner, who, because he is the owner, speaks to the media. And the media runs with it.. not realizing he doesn't handle football operations any longer...

Reaction Score
They shot themselves in the foot with mental errors early, then spotted GB too many points. Took all game just to catch up. But...there's always next year. Go Cowboys!! :(

Reaction Score
Jerry also pushed Tom Landry out the door when he bought the team to bring in Jimmah. Bad form with the P.R., even though it paid off a few years later.

Reaction Score
Agreed, glad they are done and hopefully the Packers and Steelers this week.

Steelers are the most unlike able team in any sport, they play like thugs and their fans are incredibly annoying and huge bandwagon people. I wonder how many people that claim to be Steelers fans have ever been to PA or even Pittsburgh.

Big Ben is so overrated, he throws more little dumps than anyone and Brown makes big plays.

F the Cowboys
Yeah, great year - so much for home field advantage!!!!!

Reaction Score
So New England bandwagon fans are more justifiable because we actually have tourism?

Game did not even sell out against the Texans.

Reaction Score
Agreed, glad they are done and hopefully the Packers and Steelers this week.

Steelers are the most unlike able team in any sport, they play like thugs and their fans are incredibly annoying and huge bandwagon people. I wonder how many people that claim to be Steelers fans have ever been to PA or even Pittsburgh.

Big Ben is so overrated, he throws more little dumps than anyone and Brown makes big plays.
This post is hilarious. While I agree that Ben is a bit overrated and has played very poorly the last 4 weeks, the thug comment is ridiculous. Name any NFL team that wins that isn't aggressive.
And if you're a Pats fan, then the band wagon statement is also laughable. They were playing before tiny crowds before winning the first super bowl.

Reaction Score
Rooting for a Pats/Falcons Super Bowl. There's no way the Packers are beating the Falcons in Atlanta. And New England has all the tools to stop the Steelers.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have no clue what the Byron Jones thread even was but I was just having NFL Insiders on and the talking heads we're talking about how Byron Jones just had to shadow Cook and the play wouldn't have happened. Almost like the loss was his fault. Seriously?? It's his fault the defense let up the other 31 points? He had been all over Cook the previous two plays. Rodgers makes a laser of a throw and it's Byron's fault? Ok.....

Look I hate the Cowboys and am glad they lost but I hate stupid comments, especially when they are against UConn players who have been studs for their team all year.

Reaction Score
The game never should have got to that point in the first place. Mental mistakes cost the Cowboys early. Twice Rodgers caught the D with two many men on the field. Free, a veteran O-lineman kills a drive with a bonehead holding call he really didn't need to make then the WR Butler comes on the field, goes into the huddle and then leaves the field. That cost them 35 yards(10 for the penalty and 25 for the pass completion that got negated). I've been a Cowboys fan since the "Ice Bowl" but too many times they do dumb things. Byron Jones had a lot of nice tackles and pass breakups in that game so it ain't on him.

Reaction Score
Rodgers never should have had the ball in regulation. You have a TO and it's third and three with 45ish seconds to go. Zeke has been running all over Matthews and the Packers front 7 all day. On third and three, you run; either you make the first down, spike it, and continue the drive, or fail, let the clock run down to 3-5, call TO, kick for tie as time expires. Can't believe they didn't trust him with the ball to make 3 yards there.

Although they really did screw up with that package. As soon as Insaw it I called a designed roll-out to get the ball on the sideline.

Reaction Score
You haven't watched much of Aaron Rodgers have you?
Word! No way in he!! did I think he'd compete that 40 yard pass with 3 seconds left on the clock to set up the GW Field Goal.. No way...

Reaction Score
I have no clue what the Byron Jones thread even was but I was just having NFL Insiders on and the talking heads we're talking about how Byron Jones just had to shadow Cook and the play wouldn't have happened. Almost like the loss was his fault. Seriously?? It's his fault the defense let up the other 31 points? He had been all over Cook the previous two plays. Rodgers makes a laser of a throw and it's Byron's fault? Ok.....

Look I hate the Cowboys and am glad they lost but I hate stupid comments, especially when they are against UConn players who have been studs for their team all year.

I agree.. if you look at the play they were using him as a scapegoat... Granted he does need some work, but that was Aaron Rodgers all day long... not Byron's fault...

It'll be interesting to see how the UConn alumn comes out in year 3... 2017 is where should really take off in his play... I see him getting career multiple INTs in the 2017-18 season, surprise folks and either get serious consideration for Pro-Bowl or flat out make it... glass is half full with him....

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Rodgers playing on another level.
And that monster line? Damn.
They will beat Atlanta on the sterile pool table Falcon dome

Reaction Score
thank you for your interest in America's Team!
Do not worry that the Cowboys season is over, for the 20th straight time before the NFC title game, you can now focus on the Warriors and Duke and Yankee's spring training is right around the corner!

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no reason to trash Byron Jones in this game. He made 1 mistake that I saw, but it is not the reason they lost this game. He played a stellar game overall I might conclude that AAron Rogers is a pretty good QB..Don't ya think??

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Rodgers was just on point. Not much you can do. I would call it some of it lucky but damn if he doesn't do it all the time.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Hate Pats too

Team dislike order

1. Pitt
2. Cowboys
2a. Pats
4. Packers
5. Philly

This post is hilarious. While I agree that Ben is a bit overrated and has played very poorly the last 4 weeks, the thug comment is ridiculous. Name any NFL team that wins that isn't aggressive.
And if you're a Pats fan, then the band wagon statement is also laughable. They were playing before tiny crowds before winning the first super bowl.

Reaction Score
Word! No way in he!! did I think he'd compete that 40 yard pass with 3 seconds left on the clock to set up the GW Field Goal.. No way...
You can't be surprised by now, can you? Dude is probably the best QB in the NFL based on talent alone. Even Brady is in awe of his skill.

Whatever the deal, we have tough conference finals games. Hoping for Falcons vs Patriots so that the Patriots' experience can triumph the Falcons' inexperience!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom