BY25 poll #9 results — and when should our next poll(s) be? | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #9 results — and when should our next poll(s) be?

When do you think the next BY25 poll(s) should be scheduled?

• (A) One week from today (Mon., March 2), before conference tournament play.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • (B) Two weeks from today (Mon., March 9), per our usual biweekly schedule.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • (C) Three weeks from today (Mon., March 16), after conference tournament play.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Both (A) and (B).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both (A) and (C).

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Both (B) and (C).

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Please respond to the above question to indicate your preference.

Our usual 2-week interval would put our next poll at March 9, which would be after the Pac-12, Big Ten, SEC and ACC have completed their tournaments.

Some people may feel that interest in top 25 rankings tends to wane as conference tournaments get underway and attention turns to bids, seedings and pairings. Would that be reason enough to move up our next poll to March 2?

And regardless of whether we move up our next poll, should we do another poll on March 16, before the NCAA tournament begins?

This is your poll, so please let me know what you think.

== == == ==

Now, the latest results:

1582576159484.png

Also receiving votes (on at least one ballot): TCU 15, Arkansas 13.

The following teams were listed on only one ballot: Tennessee, Central Michigan, Drake, Duke.

Reaction Score
I kept Maryland from the 6th spot. I originally had Maryland ahead of UConn but changed my mind at the last minute. If Maryland run the table the rest of the season and the B1G tournament, I will bump them up.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I initially had Duke at #25 on my 2/24/20 BY ballot...but then realized, I had omitted Oregon State. When I entered Oregon State on my ballot and pushed all teams below them down 1 slot, Duke got dropped. They are a very strong #26 for me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee got one vote? Must be a Lady Vol Homer on this board.

Glad to see Duke get a vote...... good to see that their progress this season has been noted.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I initially had Duke at #25 on my 2/24/20 BY ballot...but then realized, I had omitted Oregon State. When I entered Oregon State on my ballot and pushed all teams below them down 1 slot, Duke got dropped. They are a very strong #26 for me.
Duke would’ve made my top 30.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I kept Maryland from the 6th spot. I originally had Maryland ahead of UConn but changed my mind at the last minute. If Maryland run the table the rest of the season and the B1G tournament, I will bump them up.
I sent you an important message earlier with regard to your ballot. Did you not get the PM?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Interesting clustering. The top is clear, then a gap. The next two are clear, then a bigger gap. The next four are clear, then a really big gap. I'm like most of y'all, I found it very difficult to fill out the poll after the top seven.

I think this is the first time I voted for more than one team that didn't make the list (TCU and Arkansas).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting clustering. The top is clear, then a gap. The next two are clear, then a bigger gap. The next four are clear, then a really big gap. I'm like most of y'all, I found it very difficult to fill out the poll after the top seven.

I think this is the first time I voted for more than one team that didn't make the list (TCU and Arkansas).

Coming up with the teams were easy.... just the order of ranking after 7 was the hard part.

Reaction Score
I sent you an important message earlier with regard to your ballot. Did you not get the PM?
I saw that too late. I have to double check my entries the final two ballots.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It appears we have a clear winner: more than twice as many votes for "both (A) and (C)" as for any other option.

In that case, our next poll (#10) will be this coming Monday, March 2.

And then poll #11 will be on March 16, after conference tournaments are over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom