BY25 poll #2: *Results are in* | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #2: *Results are in*

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I want to thank the voters for adapting to the last-minute postponement of the poll. It was the first time in Boneyard Top 25 poll history that the poll was delayed :)

Number of 1st-place votes shown in parentheses:

1637696307074.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Ohio State 46, West Virginia 43, Georgia Tech 42, Oklahoma 26, Gonzaga 18, Missouri State 10, Arkansas 9, Colorado 8, Duke 7, North Carolina 5, BYU 4.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot, thus falling short of the "receiving votes" category: Nebraska, Princeton, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tulane, Washington State.

Thank you to all who voted. Twenty-one ballots were submitted.

I want to wish everyone a happy and hearty Thanksgiving week.

The next poll will be Monday, December 6, 2021.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Biggest risers:
  • South Florida from third among those "receiving votes" to tied for 19.
  • Texas from 22 to 16.
  • Arizona from 14 to 9.
  • Tennessee from tied for 17 to 13.
Biggest droppers:
  • Georgia Tech from 19 to third among those "receiving votes".
  • Kentucky from 16 to 22.
  • Oregon from 9 to 14.
  • UCLA from 13 to 18.
  • Stanford from 2 to 6.
  • Louisville from 6 to 10.

Only 7 votes?
I thought you'd be happy to be in front of UNC?

Reaction Score
The Boneyard can't say that it's caught on to every game. I'd say the biggest misses in this poll are as follows:

I guess my thoughts are overreactions based on one game only -- but I can't understand the love for certain teams like Ohio State.

1. Georgia Tech getting votes after a horrible loss to Auburn.
2. Missouri State looked awful against Oklahoma State
3. Where's mighty Rhode Island who beat the Boneyard's great hope for the future in Carla Berube?
4. Ohio State with no wins of note receiving more votes than Colorado. :mad:

Reaction Score
If at any point in the last 15 years i told you that a conference had 3 teams in the top 10, who would’ve guessed BiG?

I might've guessed them this year knowing the teams they have.

The Pac-12 had 4 teams in the Top 10 in Week 2 of last years poll for reference.

Reaction Score
I want to thank the voters for adapting to the last-minute postponement of the poll. It was the first time in Boneyard Top 25 poll history that the poll was delayed :)

Number of 1st-place votes shown in parentheses:

View attachment 71300

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Ohio State 46, West Virginia 43, Georgia Tech 42, Oklahoma 26, Gonzaga 18, Missouri State 10, Arkansas 9, Colorado 8, Duke 7, North Carolina 5, BYU 4.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot, thus falling short of the "receiving votes" category: Nebraska, Princeton, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tulane, Washington State.

Thank you to all who voted. Twenty-one ballots were submitted.

I want to wish everyone a happy and hearty Thanksgiving week.

The next poll will be Monday, December 6, 2021.
Wow I got all the same 25 teams. Crazy b/c I totally forgot about Ohio St. from my last poll but I feel they’re overrated this year with the loss of their bigs. Also glad to see BY not high on West VA like the AP… I don’t know what the hype is with them either :rolleyes:.

I had a few teams that were right on the outside like Duke, Ohio State, West VA, Oklahoma & GA Tech.

I had UConn still at 2. I’m a MD Fan but I feel our #2 ranking will be in jeopardy this week with NC State & Stanford especially without Benzan & a limited Miller :(. Maybe they’ll surprise me.

Thanks again Plebe

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought you'd be happy to be in front of UNC?

Yeah.... if we would have been behind that school.... All hell would have broken loose (figuratively)

No votes for high point?

Tough start to the season. Kinda suprised to see no votes for Wake or Elon..... maybe next poll.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just curious: How do you know that they "looked awful" in a game that wasn't televised?

If at any point in the last 15 years i told you that a conference had 3 teams in the top 10, who would’ve guessed BiG?
and 4 teams in the top 11.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I consider myself a pretty good scout when putting my pool together including looking at games and who is playing and what teams are playing and beating each other.

1. I did drop GT from Top25 after that loss to Auburn. That game was interesting to me because Auburns backcourt was causing all kinds of trouble with their speed and defense. GT will have to regroup losing Fletcher and McQueen in the portal. Depleted backcourt although the Latvia PG did get some minutes.

2. I never had Missouri State or Ohio State in my polls. The Buckeyes are another team that lost their starting PG.

Should have a better idea after some of these holiday tournaments finish up before conference season starts.

Reaction Score
Wow I got all the same 25 teams. Crazy b/c I totally forgot about Ohio St. from my last poll but I feel they’re overrated this year with the loss of their bigs. Also glad to see BY not high on West VA like the AP… I don’t know what the hype is with them either :rolleyes:.

I had a few teams that were right on the outside like Duke, Ohio State, West VA, Oklahoma & GA Tech.

I had UConn still at 2. I’m a MD Fan but I feel our #2 ranking will be in jeopardy this week with NC State & Stanford especially without Benzan & a limited Miller :(. Maybe they’ll surprise me.

Thanks again Plebe
I had the Terps at #2. I thought they did well to beat Baylor down two and 1/2 players. NC State and Stanford are going to be tough games and I hate to think what's going to happen if the three players are out. Enjoy the #2 ranking while it lasts.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I had the Terps at #2. I thought they did well to beat Baylor down two and 1/2 players. NC State and Stanford are going to be tough games and I hate to think what's going to happen if the three players are out. Enjoy the #2 ranking while it lasts.
I would have put Maryland #2, but with multiple players not making the trip, plus Miller being a question mark, I dropped them below UConn and NC State to #4. Similar drops for Stanford (to #12) until we know the status on Haley Jones, as well as for Oregon (#21) and UCLA (#22), given so much uncertainty about who's out for how long. At the moment, the top of the PAC-12 is really hurting (pardon the pun) with all the injuries.

As for the question, why rank Ohio St? Why not? There's a bloat of so-so teams who've beaten everyone they should, no one they shouldn't, and no one especially impressively, and that includes W. Va., Duke, Va. Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma, FSU, and Colorado. Someone has to round out the top 25.

Thanks as always, Plebe. Fun way to pass the mid-week kvetching about who's marginally under-respected by a bunch of nobodies on the Internet. =)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This weekend should tell us more about MD, NC State and Stanford. And the Terps have an interesting Dec. 13th date.
Love that Brenda has a great OOC schedule this season.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I HAD Notre Dame in my top 25 until I realized that I did not have Oregon...and I did have to make room for the Ducks, so Notre Dame fell out but will likely be the next team in should one of the teams ahead of them lose, and if they keep winning. It also pains me to admit I considered including North Carolina (my fingers burn just typing that) but considering who they have played so far, I felt justified keeping them out for one more week.

I know Oregon will be a very strong team once again when they are completely healthy but right now, they are not...just sort of treading water. But their losses have been quality losses so I was willing to keep them in my personal top 25 for another week.

My ranking looks a lot different than the Boneyard composite poll. I had Virginia Tech at #13 (they are going to be good this year, folks)...and ahead of Louisville, who has not impressed me at all so far. Walz will get all the pieces in their proper places but the Cardinals do not seem to have an identity yet without Dana Evans.

I put UCONN #2..Maryland #3, Indiana #4 and NC State falling from #1 to #5. That top 5 is going to get jumbled up by the next poll, since NC State will play both Maryland and Indiana before the next Boneyard Top 25.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My ranking looks a lot different than the Boneyard composite poll. I had Virginia Tech at #13 (they are going to be good this year, folks)...and ahead of Louisville, who has not impressed me at all so far. Walz will get all the pieces in their proper places but the Cardinals do not seem to have an identity yet without Dana Evans.
Virginia Tech may be good, but their nonconference schedule is (like North Carolina's and Duke's) just way too soft to really judge. Their one big opportunity to justify their existence before January will be when they host Tennessee on Dec. 5.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This weekend should tell us more about MD, NC State and Stanford. And the Terps have an interesting Dec. 13th date.
I guess that I forgot to add Indiana seeing that they are also in the Baha Mar Hoops festivities.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don't think it will be a true guage of what MD will be without Benzan, Masonius, and a hobled Miller

Reaction Score
The Boneyard can't say that it's caught on to every game. I'd say the biggest misses in this poll are as follows:

1. Georgia Tech getting votes after a horrible loss to Auburn.
3. Where's mighty Rhode Island who beat the Boneyard's great hope for the future in Carla Berube?
4. Ohio State with no wins of note receiving more votes than Colorado. :mad:
I don't think GA Tech's loss to Auburn was "horrible". Auburn has been a terrible team the last few years, but looked pretty good against GA Tech: looked very well coached (executed well on both offense and defense). I'm impressed by Coach Harris. GA Tech just shot very poorly and, given that it's the same personnel from last year, I expect that to improve/revert to their norm.

Reaction Score
I don't think GA Tech's loss to Auburn was "horrible". Auburn has been a terrible team the last few years, but looked pretty good against GA Tech: looked very well coached (executed well on both offense and defense). I'm impressed by Coach Harris. GA Tech just shot very poorly and, given that it's the same personnel from last year, I expect that to improve/revert to their norm.

We are talking about the same Auburn that lost to Georgia Southern, Little Rock, and Old Dominion this season, yes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom