BY Top 25: The one where Texas rises but makes the poll obsolete | The Boneyard

BY Top 25: The one where Texas rises but makes the poll obsolete

Reaction Score
This edition of the poll is brought to you by the hardcore fans of the Boneyard who continue to survey the wonderous teams littered throughout the nation. In this edition of the poll, we see Indiana reclaim their lofty ranking of #2 overall, while Stanford stayed steady at #3 despite having what could be argued as a worse loss than Marquette on their record in Washington. The Pac-12 stuffed two teams in the Top 5, as Utah leaped 4 places to #5 overall - matching their season high as Notre Dame was punished. It'll be fun to watch how the battle on the Western Front unfolds as Tara revels in her genius move of voting Utah as the #1 team in the conference in her preseason poll. Texas made a triumphant jump of nine spots that will perhaps be punished in the next poll after their less than shocking loss to Iowa State. In other movement, Louisville continues to gain steam as they get closer to being ranked once again. Otherwise, it's a fairly ho-hum week as the mid-majors have failed to gain any traction in the poll as they are led by mighty Gonzaga -- but UNLV, Columbia, and South Florida are all on the outside looking in.

Without further ado!

Thanks to all 14 voters who continue to rank South Carolina unanimously as #1 -- and it's perhaps mildly surprising that LSU fell just three spots after their thrashing -- but the good news is that LSU has a few chances remaining to convince the voters that they are worthy of their votes. We'll be back for the next edition of votes soon!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The Boneyard voters are a lot more generous regarding NC State than I am. Right now, there are 100 teams playing better basketball than the Wolfpack Women. We'd struggle to score with Nicholls!

Reaction Score
I had Texas ranked at 23 on my ballot (lowest rank of poll). They had a -1 score of Quad One wins minus losses. Last night's loss knocks them out my card (for now).

Reaction Score
The Boneyard voters are a lot more generous regarding NC State than I am. Right now, there are 100 teams playing better basketball than the Wolfpack Women. We'd struggle to score with Nicholls!
I dropped them out and had them at #28.

Ranking 22- 25 was tough for me this week but I went ahead and rewarded Louisville at 22 for 4 wins in a row. Crazy that teams with 7 & 8 losses are even considered worthy of a ranking this season, but parity outside of South Carolina is REAL this year.

I had all teams above in my pool minus NC State & Iowa State. L’ville (22) & Creighton (25) entered my poll in their places.

Reaction Score
Wait a minute! No love for Middle Tennessee State or Cleveland State? FGCU? Texas at 14? Yikes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom