Buzz Williams commentating | The Boneyard

Buzz Williams commentating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My God is this guy boring. Based on his coaching antics I was expecting a lot more out of him in the booth, but he has a worse personality than Glen Miller. He provides no insights and no personality whatsoever. Basically just collecting a pay check for doing nothing so I guess he has that going for him.

Reaction Score
Maybe he should add a woo woo woo woo to make it more interesting. Can he look anymore like Curly from the Three Stooges.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No person on the planet could look more like Curly.

Reaction Score
Moe, Larry, Cheese.
I'd give Buzz a little time to grow into the job. Sometimes, it take a little time when that lens is in front of your face.

Reaction Score
I really like the guy. Saw an interview with him and he was asked which opponent arenas he liked the best and he said whichever ones have multiple National Championship Banners. He was also asked if he was not a coach what would he see himself doing? His response was a Special Ed teacher, a population near and dear to him. As it is to me.
Also, I like the way he coaches, tons of emotion, His teams play hard and over achieve, always did at Marquette anyway. Thought he would hold out for a better job than Virginia Tech. I think he saw the handwriting on the wall and wanted to get into a real conference.

Reaction Score
Donny Marshal is a good commentator on Westwood 1. He's not a former ex coach or former star player so he doesn't get the shot but he knows his stuff and is not boring.

Reaction Score
Donny Marshal is a good commentator on Westwood 1. He's not a former ex coach or former star player so he doesn't get the shot but he knows his stuff and is not boring.

It's funny, I thought that he was doing the Big 10 tournament with Nantz and Raftery last week until I realized it was actually Grant Hill. Their voices are eerily similar.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Buzz won me over, a couple years ago when he "two-stepped" after Marquette beat WV at Morgantown to some West Virginia song, everyone was un in arms about..... I though it was great. Big Buzz fan here, he's a bit dry, but a helluva coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom