OT: - Butler's Bo Hodges Gets Waiver | The Boneyard

OT: Butler's Bo Hodges Gets Waiver

Reaction Score

Imagine us not getting the Tyrese Martin waiver until two days before February???

This is ridiculous. If I were a Butler fan, I'd be furious that the NCAA determined this so late in the season.

Hodges is a 6'5 210 senior from ETSU. Averaged 12.7p, 5.8r, 2.5a, 1.4s, 0.8b in 30 mpg last season.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Imagine us not getting the Tyrese Martin waiver until two days before February???

This is ridiculous. If I were a Butler fan, I'd be furious that the NCAA determined this so late in the season.

Hodges is a 6'5 210 senior from ETSU. Averaged 12.7p, 5.8r, 2.5a, 1.4s, 0.8b in 30 mpg last season.

It is ridiculous. The question is what will kill the NCAA? P5 moving out? It certainly isn't corruption within its blueblood programs. They can only hammer the UCONNs so many times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good for Butler and to echo all those who have already asked - Why so late?
Also - why is Butler playing and UConn isn't - didn't Butler play in that game with the positive ref?

Reaction Score
11 pts, 6 boards, 2 blocks in the loss to Xavier.

Don't know if it made sense or not but there is always more to the story. Academically ineligible. Appealed.

"Hodges, a 6-5 transfer from East Tennessee, is academically ineligible. Coach LaVall Jordan did not specify why."

Butler basketball: Bo Hodges ruled eligible, will play vs. Xavier (indystar.com)

"The NCAA had ruled Hodges ineligible but reversed its decision upon appeal."

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Hodges isn’t going to turn their season around, but I’m happy he gets to play for his sake.
And if he helps them get a win or 2 that wouldn't have gotten otherwise, helps our Net and KenPom numbers. Kickass young man!

Reaction Score
Then there's Sharife Cooper at sleazeball Pearl's fine institution. Academically ineligible first semester as a freshman and then becomes eligible in the second semester. Has that ever happened anywhere before?
Academic ineligibility always seemed to be a full year issue.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Good for Butler and to echo all those who have already asked - Why so late?
Also - why is Butler playing and UConn isn't - didn't Butler play in that game with the positive ref?
Is this because of the State policy?

Reaction Score
Then there's Sharife Cooper at sleazeball Pearl's fine institution. Academically ineligible first semester as a freshman and then becomes eligible in the second semester. Has that ever happened anywhere before?
Academic ineligibility always seemed to be a full year issue.
He took summer classes at Carolina they overlooked!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom