Butler game 12/15 postponed | The Boneyard

Butler game 12/15 postponed

Reaction Score
Ugh! Hopefully whomever has it in their program is ok. Would be great if we could find a local team to replace them on Tuesday.

20201210_171002.jpg

Reaction Score
Maybe they can get Quinnipiac to reschedule their game. The Q has a game on the 12th then the next one is on the 18th @Manhattan.

They probably can't because this game is supposed to be a conference game since Butler is in the BEAST. So, they're likely looking at playing it later this year, but I could be wrong.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
After the Christmas Holidays, the Big East should go into a Bubble. Schedule Multiple games daily with each team having two or three days of rest between games. This way they should be able to get the 20 Game Big East schedule in. Mohegan Sun would probably be glad to host it. If necessary, they could play a 10 Game Schedule, take a week or two off, then resume the rest of the schedule.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe they can get Quinnipiac to reschedule their game. The Q has a game on the 12th then the next one is on the 18th @Manhattan.

Great idea Serge. Someone from UConn should be making that call right now!!!

Reaction Score
We only need to play 13, so that's 3-4 games per month until tourney time. If it comes down to it, they probably should do a two week bubble and just bang out as much of a conference schedule as possible. At least so that teams can get to the 13 game minimum. Even if UConn limps into March 12-1 or 11-2 or whatever, we're getting an invite even if it's as a 12 or 14 seed. We just have to play the minimum number of games and we're in so long as we don't pull a Notre Dame from last year.

Reaction Score
After the Christmas Holidays, the Big East should go into a Bubble. Schedule Multiple games daily with each team having two or three days of rest between games. This way they should be able to get the 20 Game Big East schedule in. Mohegan Sun would probably be glad to host it. If necessary, they could play a 10 Game Schedule, take a week or two off, then resume the rest of the schedule.

I think they should do a thing where you send like 4 teams to one location and you play them in a round-robin format and have the teams stay in unoccupied campus dorms.

So, "mini bubbles" if you will. It's a lot cheaper than each school paying for hotels.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'd be okay with an arrangement like that. However, how much would you be saving as your plan would require 3-5 Separate Air Fairs or Bus Trips for some schools depending on locations. Yes, Bus Trips aren't that expensive.

I think they should do a thing where you send like 4 teams to one location and you play them in a round-robin format and have the teams stay in unoccupied campus dorms.

So, "mini bubbles" if you will. It's a lot cheaper than each school paying for hotels.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have Saturday on the schedule, or the opener would be pushed until 12/19. Might be time for the coaches to employ the Jeff Walz strategy of texting coaches for games. Thankfully as a conference game it will be rescheduled.

Reaction Score
Agree. Too many positive tests happening. The only problem with MS is whether the state's rules would make teams have to isolate for 2 weeks before playing.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We only need to play 13, so that's 3-4 games per month until tourney time. If it comes down to it, they probably should do a two week bubble and just bang out as much of a conference schedule as possible. At least so that teams can get to the 13 game minimum. Even if UConn limps into March 12-1 or 11-2 or whatever, we're getting an invite even if it's as a 12 or 14 seed. We just have to play the minimum number of games and we're in so long as we don't pull a Notre Dame from last year.
Why would anyone on this WBB forum make such a comment? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
They probably can't because this game is supposed to be a conference game since Butler is in the BEAST. So, they're likely looking at playing it later this year, but I could be wrong.
Sure they have to reschedule the Butler game but that doesn't stop them from filling the 12/15 spot with another team like Quinnipiac. Get on Jeff Walz's message board. I'm sure there is a mid major with the guts to play UConn. I doubt the big teams have the fortitude to sign up for UConn at the spur of the moment.

Reaction Score
One of the problems involved is the answer to all your questions. Money. There is only so much in the budget for changing games. Transportation, lodging, taking care of the players. Without fans to enrich the coffers and without the money from the games on tv we, along with probably every other team in the nation, will be facing a patchwork of a season. We will get back to normal. Just not yet. Please, all my boneyarder friends, stay safe, follow the guidelines, and utilize one of the great gifts God gave us - patience.
Why would anyone on this WBB forum make such a comment? :rolleyes:
Center, I think, at least I hope, he meant that he hopes we don't lose a lot of our key players to injuries.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Center, I think, at least I hope, he meant that he hopes we don't lose a lot of our key players to injuries.
"we don't pull" a Notre Dame from last year
is the part I don't understand. I'm no fan of the Golden Domers but I don't see having injuries is something ND pulled off.
But it is not a big deal, just getting cranky waiting for Saturday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The cancelled and postponed games are hard to take. But quite frankly, the same thing is happening all over the country, for both college basketball as well as football. This season is going to be a little like the Millennium Falcon flying through the asteroid belt in the Empire Strikes Back. So everyone needs to buckle up and hope that UConn WBB doesn’t suffer a direct hit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I like this idea, but cute kids probably still have stuff in the room. I think that makes visiting team staying there problematic.

Reaction Score
Someone should start a pool as to when Uconn plays its first game.

Reaction Score
I can imagine the AD on the phone now trying to find a team to fill that spot. "Get me The Ladies of St Vincent Lutheran University in Maine..STAT!!"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What would be better than trying to schedule an OOC game is simply rescheduling a BE game. In addition to postponing the UConn game, Butler has also postponed their 12/19 game with Creighton. Why not move Creighton up and play Butler later in the season. In addition to Creighton, Butler has postponed/cancelled the game tomorrow with 15th ranked IN. I don’t know if IN would be up for it, but a matchup between 2 ranked teams would be great.

Reaction Score
"we don't pull" a Notre Dame from last year
is the part I don't understand. I'm no fan of the Golden Domers but I don't see having injuries is something ND pulled off.
But it is not a big deal, just getting cranky waiting for Saturday.
You have to wait for Saturday??? Good grief, I get impatient if I have to wait till I've had my coffee in the morning. Hey, despite the crazy time we are in the holiday season is upon us and it's up to us to take whatever enjoyment we can out of it. Listen to come carols, watch a good Christmas movie (wow, that might be a great post - what is you favorite Christmas movie?) and have a big cup of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows on top. And keep up with your great posts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom