Butler continues to impress | The Boneyard

Butler continues to impress

Reaction Score
From the write-up:

“Three players scored at least 20 points, led by graduate transfer Natalie Butler's career-high 26 points. The 6-foot-5 center was 10-for-13 from the field and grabbed 11 rebounds for her sixth straight double-double.”

Great to see she is doing well!

She is probably thinking "why did I waste those 3 years coming to Uconn" when I could have been doing this all along ?? :confused:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From the write-up:

“Three players scored at least 20 points, led by graduate transfer Natalie Butler's career-high 26 points. The 6-foot-5 center was 10-for-13 from the field and grabbed 11 rebounds for her sixth straight double-double.”

Great to see she is doing well!
Why can't we get players like this!

Reaction Score
remember when she transferred to UConn, that Geno said this was going to be a "game changer"? She never somehow had the confidence -- or the hands -- to play at UConn's level. But she is quite a person!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
remember when she transferred to UConn, that Geno said this was going to be a "game changer"? She never somehow had the confidence -- or the hands -- to play at UConn's level. But she is quite a person!

Good hands are a must if you are a post player. Natalie nor Kiah Stokes had good hands. They could grab rebounds just fine, but for some reason had trouble securing entry passes.

In contrast - Look at Napheesa Collier. She has great hands. She seldom fumbles entry passes, even the bad ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Didn't she have a hand injury while at UConn? Maybe it is completely healed now.

I always felt that her problem was bringing the ball down low when she had it. Both Kara and Rebecca pointed out that this was a no-no.

Reaction Score
Didn't she have a hand injury while at UConn? Maybe it is completely healed now.

I always felt that her problem was bringing the ball down low when she had it. Both Kara and Rebecca pointed out that this was a no-no.
Always will be a fan of Nat. Suspect her success is due to many factors including:
-Hand injury worse than many understood. Likely still hurts due to number of times you get hit with ball.
-Based on how she looked last year, likely one of best conditioned athletes on court. When you have a 6'5" player who can run and doesn't get tired, hard in her current league to find someone who can match up.
-She is likely out there simply for the joy of playing basketball. No worry about losing to Top 5 team or Geno yelling.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

It was a problem that Nat overcame her last season at UConn. While she still did not possess the best hands in the world, once she got both hands on the ball, Nat immediately held it straight up over her head. I’m sure CD worked long and hard with Nat to correct that problem.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm curious as well. I'll have to catch one of her games and see what's going on.

Regardless, I could not be happier for her. She's a NCAA champion and having a great last year of college basketball. Can't ask for much more from a college career.

Reaction Score
I always root for Natalie but I've never been able to get past her baffling need to drop the ball down low after a catch or a rebound, thereby allowing every defender, however short, a chance to rip it out of her hands or tie her up. Catch it and keep it up high, Natalie, out of most players' reach!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
see what happens when a kid transfers and finally gets some decent coaching......:rolleyes:

Good one Charlie. I didn't see that one coming. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom