Butler bulldogs Jalin Thomas out indefinitely with blood clots in his lungs. | The Boneyard

Butler bulldogs Jalin Thomas out indefinitely with blood clots in his lungs.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Expected to make a full recovery and possibly play by time of BE schedule.
Maybe so, but it still has to be in the back of your mind. I have a close one currently ID'd with blood clots. It's at the point where "there's nothing more we can do, you'll probably be fine".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wish nothing but the best for this kid. Same for Manny Bates, Butler's other new center who missed last season w/ a right shoulder dislocation.

Personally, the new duo of Bates/Thomas is light years better than Golden. Golden was solid offensively, but an awful defender.

Bates/Thomas play a simple offensive game, but are soooo much better defensively. I also like how Butler has two defensive anchors to pair around shooters Ali and Hunter, a scorer in Harris and a do-everything offensive player in Lukosius.

Reaction Score
Will probably be fine, may have to be on blood thinners for a few months which may be concerning for a contact sport athlete

Definitely not common for a college age kid to have a PE

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe so, but it still has to be in the back of your mind. I have a close one currently ID'd with blood clots. It's at the point where "there's nothing more we can do. you'll probably be fine".
That sucks for sure.

Reaction Score
Maybe so, but it still has to be in the back of your mind. I have a close one currently ID'd with blood clots. It's at the point where "there's nothing more we can do, you'll probably be fine".
I had a few dvt in my leg in 2019 after surgery for crohns n one came back behind my knee this past May . So now on eliquis again but for good . Dr said that one clot never fully dissolved so easier for it to clot again I guess but the clots in chest must be super scary

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a few dvt in my leg in 2019 after surgery for crohns n one came back behind my knee this past May . So now on eliquis again but for good . Dr said that one clot never fully dissolved so easier for it to clot again I guess but the clots in chest must be super scary
Like my relative. Good luck. Somehow giving your comment a "like" seems wrong.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Like my relative. Good luck. Somehow giving your comment a "like" seems wrong.
This I can understand and relate to. Just doesn't seem right to do so but consider this one to your posts

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The problem won't be the clots ... eventually. The problem will be playing while on blood thinners, which will be needed for 6 months. I'd be very cautious. Very. A simple elbow to the head, or a dive for a loose ball hitting your knee or head and you've got problems, potentially big ones.

Reaction Score
The problem won't be the clots ... eventually. The problem will be playing while on blood thinners, which will be needed for 6 months. I'd be very cautious. Very. A simple elbow to the head, or a dive for a loose ball hitting your knee or head and you've got problems, potentially big ones.
Are there any fast-acting clotting agents that can be administered court-side in a situation like that? Besides direct pressure or a tourniquet, if site is a limb, how do you accelerate the clotting?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Are there any fast-acting clotting agents that can be administered court-side in a situation like that? Besides direct pressure or a tourniquet, if site is a limb, how do you accelerate the clotting?
Yes for surface wounds but I think the Doc may be talking about internal bleeds

Reaction Score
Ah, that would be tough. You may not even be aware that it’s happening, until it’s too late. Not a good condition to risk playing in!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Yes for surface wounds but I think the Doc may be talking about internal bleeds
Exactly. A concussion can turn into a major intracranial bleed. A bruised kidney and suddenly you might be down to one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom