Burn the Uniforms | The Boneyard

Burn the Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There's so much going bad, that one can only deduce that the uniforms need to be burned. It's incredible what happened today:

1) For the second straight game, we abandoned the run for gigantic stretches to end the game. DeLorenzo's touchdown with 7:04 left to go in the third was the last time that we ran the ball (except the final play with Hyppolyte when the game was over). We were averaging over 4 yards per carry, and although we were down 24, we had over 20 minutes left to play.

2) The amount of sacks after we stopped running at 7:04 in the 3rd? 6 of the 8. No run game to keep them honest. a few of those were coverage sacks for sure, since Boyle had about 5 seconds and nowhere to throw. I'm surprised he didn't show his feet today like he did against USF.

3) 1st and goal at the 2. Run the friggin' ball! Run it three times! Hell, run it four times!!! Just run the friggin' ball!!! The first play was a loss of 2 on the run, and that meant that we were going "pass, pass" on the next two downs. Throw in a false start (getting ready for the pass-protect), and you settle for the field goal.

4) If we're only rushing 3, can we cover a receiver? I don't know how many times I saw 8 back in coverage and the wide receiver was still wide open. Brutally bad coverage.

So having said all that...where Hughes and Weist have some real questions to answer, but with no other options and very little hope....burn the friggin' 0-6 jerseys...

By the way, it has to be said that for all the flack that Foxx caught last week, he really did step up and play a very nice game. Kudos to him for shining today, and kudos to Max and Geremy as well. Back to the whiskey...

Reaction Score
Blasphemy! The all white uniforms are the best thing we got going. Agree with everything else you posted. TJ really showed his HC inexperience by abandoning the run.

Reaction Score
I get the impression TJ is trying develop the passing game. Going to need a strong passing game against UCF, Louisville and Rutgers, at least.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Blasphemy! The all white uniforms are the best thing we got going. Agree with everything else you posted. TJ really showed his HC inexperience by abandoning the run.

The blasphemy is that the uniforms are 0-6. So they can no longer be considered "Husky White". I think someone else had posted a quote from years past where Geno lost one game while the girls were wearing new uniforms, and....well, let's just say that the girls were no longer going to wear those uniforms. Will our team magically get better if we change our uniform? No. But those uniforms are now associated with disaster.... :(

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I get the impression TJ is trying his best to really develop the passing game.

Here's my issue with it, Butchy: without a run game to at least keep the other team honest, you are going to get the kid killed. It's hard to develop a kid when he's on his back for most of the second half...

Reaction Score
I think 1) Run more, is legit except late in the 3rd quarter on. Down too much not to go for yardage. Being that the running game wasn't established early consequently led to the defense playing primarily pass. It created an uneceesarily difficult scenario for the freshman.

Reaction Score
Here's my issue with it, Butchy: without a run game to at least keep the other team honest, you are going to get the kid killed. It's hard to develop a kid when he's on his back for most of the second half...
The running game is easier for us to establish than the passing game. The running game requires less time from the offensive line. Might as well whip the offensive line, too. Boyle still showed great poise today.

Weist seems to be going long-term rather than try to win games so he can have the job.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think 1) Run more, is legit except late in the 3rd quarter on. Down too much not to go for yardage. Being that the running game wasn't established early consequently led to the defense playing primarily pass. It created an uneceesarily difficult scenario for the freshman.

If the team averages about 4.5 yards per run, I would argue that we DID establish the run. That's the very reason why they should have kept with it. DeLorenzo was having a nice game, and they should have let him continue to pound them, even if only to set up the pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom