Burn the NCAA (Cheick Diallo cleared to play) | The Boneyard

Burn the NCAA (Cheick Diallo cleared to play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a more incompetent group than the NCAA? They are proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Cheick Diallo of Kansas was finally cleared to play for Kansas starting Dec. 1, but he was given a five game suspension (In other words, the five games he has already missed while the NCAA did whatever they do) for impermissible benefits totaling $165. These were benefits he received from his legal guardian just prior to the person legally becoming his legal guardian. The NCAA apparently requested transcripts from Mali dating back to the sixth grade. The kid got an A and a B in his two summer classes, and is apparently doing well this semester at Kansas school wise, but the NCAA put him through the crap they did and then came back with the five game suspension over $165 to cover their butts. These folks are clowns. (I know, that's right up there with "Water is wet" in terms of statements.) Kansas finally got ticked off enough about the whole process to send the NCAA a letter http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article46042910.html Normally schools play nice with the NCAA in these situations, as the NCAA is judge, jury and executioner, but KU took the gloves off. Hopefully this will lead to some changes.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Welcome back, Beak. We have had the exact same thing happen more than once .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
First, hey beakum, it's been a while.

This kind of BS is par for the course. I could cite you chapter and verse about UConn and similar situations. I am glad Kansas is calling them out and I wish UConn had done the same in the past.

Reaction Score
Howdy guys. Good to see the usual gang of idiots are still around. Kansas says that they have spent more than $100k getting a kid that speaks four languages eligible to play. And all they come up with is he received less than $200 during a period in which his legal guardian was not yet legally his guardian.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Howdy guys. Good to see the usual gang of idiots are still around. Kansas says that they have spent more than $100k getting a kid that speaks four languages eligible to play. And all they come up with is he received less than $200 during a period in which his legal guardian was not yet legally his guardian.

When this guy is your leader, what do you expect?

mark-emmert-1-sized.jpg

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Photo of Alfred E. Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics