Bundesliga to return May 15 | The Boneyard

Bundesliga to return May 15

Reaction Score
Pending an official announcement by Angela Merkel which is likely to come in the next 24 hours. Obviously behind closed doors.

Interesting that their neighbors France and Netherlands canceled remainder of season.

Portugal and Spain appear to be next to return in late May/early June.

England looking more like they will return but that’s still up in the air. Italy as well.

Reaction Score
I don't watch German soccer. But this will have implicaions for American sport leagues. The biggest issue is the possibility of teams getting infected. Will the virus go from player to player and cause problems?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mainz 05! Anyone can cheer for FCB or BVB, but I like a little torture. ;)
I forgot who John Brooks was playing for. And I like Leipzig because of Tyler Adams and the fact that everyone else hates them.

Reaction Score
I don't watch German soccer. But this will have implicaions for American sport leagues. The biggest issue is the possibility of teams getting infected. Will the virus go from player to player and cause problems?
That’s the fear. South Korea started up their soccer league today and Belarus did not even shut down. I guess time will tell.

Reaction Score
I forgot who John Brooks was playing for. And I like Leipzig because of Tyler Adams and the fact that everyone else hates them.
Wolfsburg now, used to play fro Hertha BSC. To bad he can't stay off the injury report.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if they suspend play prior to the weekend at this point with full teams in 2bundesliga and players in other leagues coming down with the covid

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if they suspend play prior to the weekend at this point with full teams in 2bundesliga and players in other leagues coming down with the covid
From what I’ve heard the German leagues may just postpone individual matches versus suspending all games. Germany’s advantage of starting early is that they will have 2-3 months to finish 9 matches (Bundesliga...not sure how many games left in Bundesliga2)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the guys have been training together?

Reaction Score
When they started training a month ago the rules were groups of 7 max and keeping 5-6 feet apart, no tackling, set pieces, etc. Not sure if that has changed but would be weird to go straight into a match without physical training.

Reaction Score
Different states have different regulations; some teams have been training in groups ranging from 4 to 7 and some have been doing it for 3 weeks while others started just over a week ago. That isone of my main complaints about the rush to get back onto the field; some clubs have had advantages based on the length and participation size of training.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm really excited to watch soccer tomorrow!!! Live, top flight sports. I tried watching Korean baseball but just couldn't get into it.

I will say I'm really excited to see this!!

Look at this! It's awesome!!

NINTCHDBPICT000582953903.jpg

Reaction Score
Gio was in the starting lineup but pulled a muscle in warmups :(

Still, McKennie and Adams both started! Just so happy to have live football back. Poured a few mimosas for the event.

E: Brooks also starts for Wolfsburg

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
First goal scored by Dortmund. Completely isolated celebration. These guys have to learn some dance moves.

Still, the quality of the game is pretty good but be warned, the level of physicality is lower Maybe COVID19 or lack of training.

On the other hand, that might be an improvement Just like hockey might be improved with less thuggery

Reaction Score
First goal scored by Dortmund. Completely isolated celebration. These guys have to learn some dance moves.

Still, the quality of the game is pretty good but be warned, the level of physicality is lower Maybe COVID19 or lack of training.

On the other hand, that might be an improvement Just like hockey might be improved with less thuggery
It’s funny to me that these guys can’t celebrate with their teammates but can sweat all over their opponents.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the piped-in crowd noise, but they're doing a good job timing up the crowd reactions to the pace and situations of play

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dortmund / Bayern Classico on FS1.

I wonder if the piped in noise is only coming through the TV speakers or is at the stands level?

Reaction Score
^ The announcers referenced the ability to hear the players communicate, so it must have been just for us tv viewers. I'd prefer no crowd noise, but thought they did a fine job.

Too bad Bayern won, that all but wraps up the league

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom