Bull spit ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Bull spit ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. We should never trail to USF for a second. NEVER.
  2. At the half, 18 of our 32 points had come from the bench.
  3. Everybody on this team needs to work on layups.
  4. Carlton had no first half rebounds. That's not a misprint. Our starting center managed to not coral a board at either end a half of a basketball game. He scored 2 points on 1 of 4 shooting, and had two TOs.
  5. Whaley replaced him for a few first half minutes. At least he had a rebound. One board out of our center position in the first half.
  6. After a slow start, Bouk played acceptably. Ditto for Akok in the 2nd half. And they were our bright spots. Our highlight reel is now based on a few minutes of acceptable. Sigh.
  7. Einstein is often credited with the oft-repeated quote about the definition of insanity. Don't know if he said it or not, but I do know that I keep turning on Husky games and expecting this to be the one I get to enjoy. And it doesn't happen. I'm too old for this nonsense. Wake me up when we're good again.

Reaction Score
Where is our hope going forward? I need help with this.

Reaction Score
At this point, Im starting to think Its just all mental. I just don’t understand how we can beat Florida, destroy Miami, play Xavier even, but at the same time look terrible vs Cincinnati and USF who is not even close to as good as the teams we beat. I don’t know what else to say. Its almost like this team goes into the conference portion of the season expecting to lose because of the previous bad experiences we had vs these teams.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
There is hope in that it really can’t get much worse.
Wanna bet? Look at the schedule. If a much improved Tulane wins Wednesday, this could be a winless month. This is why I felt these first two games were so critical.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. We should never trail to USF for a second. NEVER.
  2. At the half, 18 of our 32 points had come from the bench.
  3. Everybody on this team needs to work on layups.
  4. Carlton had no first half rebounds. That's not a misprint. Our starting center managed to not coral a board at either end a half of a basketball game. He scored 2 points on 1 of 4 shooting, and had two TOs.
  5. Whaley replaced him for a few first half minutes. At least he had a rebound. One board out of our center position in the first half.
  6. After a slow start, Bouk played acceptably. Ditto for Akok in the 2nd half. And they were our bright spots. Our highlight reel is now based on a few minutes of acceptable. Sigh.
  7. Einstein is often credited with the oft-repeated quote about the definition of insanity. Don't know if he said it or not, but I do know that I keep turning on Husky games and expecting this to be the one I get to enjoy. And it doesn't happen. I'm too old for this nonsense. Wake me up when we're good again.
Wednesday I watch, you no watch.
Saturday, you watch, I no watch.
Wednesday, we both no watch?

Reaction Score
At this point, Im starting to think Its just all mental. I just don’t understand how we can beat Florida, destroy Miami, play Xavier even, but at the same time look terrible vs Cincinnati and USF who is not even close to as good as the teams we beat. I don’t know what else to say. Its almost like this team goes into the conference portion of the season expecting to lose because of the previous bad experiences we had vs these teams.

it definitely seems like that. But how can that be? There are hundreds if not thousands of cases of bad teams getting better as core the players become juniors and seniors. this makes no sense. There are hundreds if not thousands of cases of a “new” head coach having success in year 2 (also many cases of success in year 1).

Reaction Score
Where is our hope going forward? I need help with this.
Our most talented players are freshmen and have shown signs of improvement. Also, it's abundantly clear Akok and Bouknight aren't ready to go pro - we should get at least two years out of both. The recruiting is trending in the right direction and Hurley is bringing in talented players.

The problem with most of the older guys is they simply aren't skilled enough to play at a high level. Unfortunately those players still take up the majority of our minutes.

Reaction Score
There is hope in that it really can’t get much worse.

1578174758325.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wanna bet? Look at the schedule. If a much improved Tulane wins Wednesday, this could be a winless month. This is why I felt these first two games were so critical.
Oh I don’t expect it to get better this season. We have no real alternative to Josh and he has regressed.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Realistically, we’re looking at an 0-7 stretch

Reaction Score
it definitely seems like that. But how can that be? There are hundreds if not thousands of cases of bad teams getting better as core the players become juniors and seniors. this makes no sense. There are hundreds if not thousands of cases of a “new” head coach having success in year 2 (also many cases of success in year 1).
You’re exactly right when you said “It makes no sense”. Even last year, we beat Syracuse, then played Arizona and FSU tough, even though we didn’t win. Then when we started playing teams in our league, and it looked like we couldn’t compete. I do not understand how we play our worst basketball as the season goes on.

Reaction Score
No one plays DEFENSE. It may to occur to a player upon occasion. They can’t make a layup, their 3pointer is practically non existent. Haven’t we been punished enough?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. Glad I didn't drop a few bills to go to Tampa for this catastrophic performance.
2. Glad I chose to go golfing rather than sit inside and watch this catastrophe.
3. Very glad You Tube TV, for some reason, puts the final score under the icon when you record a game and I didn't waste 2 hours watching the replay of this.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You’re exactly right when you said “It makes no sense”. Even last year, we beat Syracuse, then played Arizona and FSU tough, even though we didn’t win. Then when we started playing teams in our league, and it looked like we couldn’t compete. I do not understand how we play our worst basketball as the season goes on.
Just about everybody here hates the American. Why should the players be any different?

I think there should be a moratorium on scheduling ANY directionally named schools for the next 8 years. Period

1. Glad I didn't drop a few bills to go to Tampa for this catastrophic performance.
2. Glad I chose to go golfing rather than sit inside and watch this catastrophe.
3. Very glad You Tube TV, for some reason, puts the final score under the icon when you record a game and I didn't waste 2 hours watching the replay of this.
So YouTube TV includes a built-in spoiler?
I got a Yahoo Sports pop-up notification of the halftime score during my sister's birthday party. I stuck around for the full event, eating birthday cake and cheesecake so that I had neither temptation to watch the game I'll nor any room for good pizza when I afterward joined another party in progress.

Reaction Score

YouTubeTV does give you the ability to hide the score ... but for this years team I would not recommend it.

Reaction Score
Our most talented players are freshmen and have shown signs of improvement. Also, it's abundantly clear Akok and Bouknight aren't ready to go pro - we should get at least two years out of both. The recruiting is trending in the right direction and Hurley is bringing in talented players.

The problem with most of the older guys is they simply aren't skilled enough to play at a high level. Unfortunately those players still take up the majority of our minutes.
Bouknight has improved since his 25 point game?

Reaction Score
Pre conference we play no real road games. Then we play our first conference games, away from home, and these players do what they’ve done in conference road games for three years now...play soft expecting to lose.
My only comment on this is that although USF was a road game it felt like a neutral game. Only 4500 or so fans and many UConn fans were in attendance including myself. This was not the type of environment that should require mental toughness.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
1. I did go to the game
2. Golf was rained out
3. I did DVR the game

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My only comment on this is that although USF was a road game it felt like a neutral game. Only 4500 or so fans and many UConn fans were in attendance including myself. This was not the type of environment that should require mental toughness.
Agreed we were well represented in Tampa

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom