Building UConn Men | The Boneyard

Building UConn Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Very cool to see. Guest author/speaker talking to our student athletes about creating their own brand.

Developing UConn men. We are truly lucky to have Coach Hurley in charge. He sees such a wide scope on how to improve our program.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Misleading title, IMO. It's cool that UConn is teaching kids how to be their own brand. But based on the title I was expecting to read something about how to be a better man. Good brand =/= good man. Plenty of very profitable individual brands out there that get tons of "likes" created by people who are not particularly good humans.

I'll go shout at a cloud now.

Reaction Score
Is Sidney Wilson in the his photo , or is building Uconn metrosexuality somewhere off campus? Haven't heard a word about him all summer!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
All 12 guys are in the team picture and my god some of you are exhausting.

I don't even understand the reference. It's a team picture. Everyone is supposed to be there. If getting everyone into a team picture is the new bar for success, then I guess I'm officially too old to care about this program.

Reaction Score
Misleading title, IMO. It's cool that UConn is teaching kids how to be their own brand. But based on the title I was expecting to read something about how to be a better man. Good brand =/= good man. Plenty of very profitable individual brands out there that get tons of "likes" created by people who are not particularly good humans.

Hurley literally said it’s part of their summer series Developing UConn men. Sorry, I’ll get off your lawn.

Reaction Score
Is Sidney Wilson in the his photo , or is building Uconn metrosexuality somewhere off campus? Haven't heard a word about him all summer!
Don’t worry! Summer doesn’t start for 12 more days! There’s still time Terry!

Reaction Score

Hurley's tweet that was posted in this thread ends with "Developing UConn Men"

Reaction Score
I don't even understand the reference. It's a team picture. Everyone is supposed to be there. If getting everyone into a team picture is the new bar for success, then I guess I'm officially too old to care about this program.

My comment was in response to someone (the post above it) asking if Sid was there.

So, I said yeah.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Between CV and Diarra

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My comment was in response to someone (the post above it) asking if Sid was there.

So, I said yeah.

Ah, my misunderstanding. Thanks, I'm rather cranky tonight after another weekend of cleaning up sliver maple seeds and pulling seedlings.

Reaction Score
Hurley's tweet that was posted in this thread ends with "Developing UConn Men"

Yes, and it’s part of several activities they have planned this summer that relate to personal development, including for when their respective basketball careers end. Hence, developing “men” and not just “players.”

Teams are limited, by NCAA rules, with how much on-court practice time they can have together during summer sessions, so these kind of things are nice add-ons for development and team building.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Either you don't realize you're late to this party, or you just want to rub it in that I can't follow a thread, lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brendan Adams looking pretty solid right there.

I have a feeling that by Junior year he’s going to look like an outside linebacker and be an absolute beast to handle. We haven’t had a guy like that in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom